Toribash
Original Post
Noob Clapping
What is everyone's opinion on noob clapping?
Last edited by Moonshake; Feb 18, 2015 at 03:55 AM.
"Noob Clapping" is (In my opinion) the most effective opener in the game. I hear lots of stuff about how it's stupid, but I have never actually seen anyone complain about one. They are great I think as they get your hands ready for a decap opener, a snap kick and things like that.
Noob clapping isn't wrong; there's no "noob" in the move.
This opener sets up various other moves depending on the mod, such as ABD, judo/judofrac, etc.
Players will always tend to criticize moves/openers that cause them to lose.
The "noob" clap is just an opener, like many others.
Modo Bestia
Originally Posted by Axki View Post
To follow the rules, what is your guys opinion on noob clapping?

Well, I don't think the most common name for it is 'noob clapping', it's normally just called a double clap.
In most cases, mods like Aikido and Judo are normally dominated by double clappers on a low-medium level fight.
Personally? If I'm having an off-day and I experience a double clapper, I get pissed and I wish people would stop doing it; however, that being said, I can't really do anything about it since it's the way most players start off anyways.
The only problem with it is if those same players get to blue or brown belt and still employ techniques like that. Which, I'll be honest, I was just doing front kicks until I was red belt or so in Toribash and pissed quite a few people off with it.

Infact, I was just some scrub in a Taekkyon tourney when I got to fight against Rutz and beat him with a simple ass snap kick.
I got told later that he quit because of some scrub beating him in a Taekkyon tourney.
Last edited by Xer0; Feb 16, 2015 at 10:42 PM.
Click Here To Learn MMA today!
If there is effort, there is always accomplishment. - Jigoro Kano
It's a strategy. If you are good enough, you can easily counter it.
I always noob clap to me its the best strat. You can counter like any move from it because it is so basic and you can setup like anything from it. Im an aikido player so its really easy to drop down into a suplex or kick and bring it into a lift or do whatever. It dosent leave you open (unless they are shoveling but that is still pretty easy to counter) and its just an all around reliable opener in my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
I always get a lot of "Look, it's a master belt noob clapping".

Well, it's not a noob move if a master belt uses it right?
didnt use it in 2010, wont use it now
my name is tona and i smoke medical marijuana, isnt my username clever as fuck
"Noob" Claping inst noob overall , its actually pretty good ad gives you the chance of control more your oponent if him/she raise/lower one shoulder some variants of it can make the contraction of the wrist and elbow more faster making hands get a good pose for dm/frac and control also used in loots of mods > Aikido Variants , and no grab mods like rk-mma , lenshu and boxshu/mushu , onlyfor do the tipical defense move alowed in no grab ones , and on those with grabs more for have a grip on your oponent except in ABD , your oponent can use grab glitch sometimes and mess up one of your grabs .

Well after this for me "noob" is a very good opener/Technique .
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!