Toribash
Original Post
does this game need better rag doll physics?
does this game need new better improved rag doll physics? i don't think so put it would be better if the rag doll wasn't so slugish when u get pwnd, anyone want to think about the games ragdoll?
Re: does this game need better rag doll physics?
Its better than some of the physics in Half Life 2 - which has a pretty cool physics engine. If you ever tried to manipulate large, complicated machines in Garry's mod - you will know what I mean.
I has a flavour
It seems pretty efficient, but there is a small problem with clipping. Legs tend to smoosh through eachother, but that's no big deal.
Actually, Half-Life 2 just uses the havok engine for its physics (something which can be used in commercial games only). And speaking of HL2, ever noticed the impact sound effects? Taken directly from that Half-Life 2.
i think the bonebreak sound effect in toribash sounds like the rag doll in unreal tournament biffs it hard
Originally Posted by caeonosphere
It seems pretty efficient, but there is a small problem with clipping. Legs tend to smoosh through eachother, but that's no big deal.

Some of self to self collisions are turned of for speed reasons.

Think of it as a *feature* :P

Nope, it doesn't, some powertweaks on the arm muscles would be nice though, they seem rather weak in comparison to the legs, then again, legs of course are normally around 2.4 times stronger than the arms... :P
What what? In the butt.
I complement your knowledge of practically useless information.

Personally, I have no problem with the physics, but I just hate it when, on those rare occassions I actually clap my legs together, the feet kinda get stuck sideways, and one leg refuses to move without the other. But it happens fo infrequently (and you really shouldn't clap your hands/feet together, you hurt yourself) that it's practically no trouble anyway.
Originally Posted by ManBreakfast
I complement your knowledge of practically useless information.

I compliment your complementing his info. Together, your know all useless information