Toribash
Original Post
Talking portuguese in Etourneys and other events
Lately I have seen many staff complaining about the players speaking in their native language (Portuguese) and I was wondering if there is any rule in which only English can be spoken or something, several friends of mine took mute without knowing why ( Do not understand English) and then they reconnected to leave the mute and consequently were banished from the room without understanding anything
It's not a rule that english is the only language to be spoken, but alot of ops want to know what's being said in their room, and they can't know that if half the chat exists of people talking in a language they do not understand.
So they ask them to speak in whisper or something, and if they don't listen (which they won't if they don't speak english) they mute them. Then if they reconnect it's evading the mute so they get banned from the room wihout knowing why.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The thing is that we are supposed to monitor the chat so no rules get broken in ETournies. If we dont speak the language we cant however.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

This is why I try to learn other languages or translate things for the ops or admins or whatever, is in the room so if you understand English and your friends don't and you're there. Translate for them, and I think that should go for anyone.
I understand that

but the thing is that most of the time we talk not only with 1 person
What good for all Brazilians I think
We like to talk in group, I think it should be added as a group whisper, with 6 ppl max, or something like
Well I tried to offer a suggestion for having multiple chats, but they didn't implement it, it was taken up to the devs, but they decided to not do it. As I think it would be hard, but you can try to suggest something else maybe. You guys could always all use IRC or something.
Yeah, I use irc a lot
but brazilians are lazy asf
here is what is in their mind : if the chat is public, why I cant talk in portuguese
to put it in simple words: in-game moderators always have to make sure that people are following the rules in public rooms (such as no scamming, no racism, etc.). They can't know if you follow these rules when you speak in foreign language so they have all rights to not allow people speak in languages other than English.
You can make a thread in Suggestions and Ideas board about the multiple player whisper. Although it has been suggested in the past, maybe if enough people request for it devs might implement it.