Ranking
You're misinterpreting what I said.

I AGREE, there's a gigantic market in microtransactions for Champion Skins. And that's why I think they could get away with making a big champion bundle sale. Yes I'm aware that if you tried to buy the champions solo, they'd make more money. But people don't do that.

If they made a Riot champion bundle, where you purchased literally every champion for $100, people would buy it. Not everyone has the time to play loads of 30-40 minute games to buy them with ingame points, and we want to enjoy the full feature of the game as a game. $100? With the amount of people who play LoL that's a lot of dough. Certainly could help fund programming and server stability.

Maybe come out with a $5 monthly subscription fee that you get either the new champion that comes out that month, or a new champion skin released that month?

Many would subscribe. Lotta money to be made. And with many people who don't have the time who spent $100 on all the champions, they'd probably feel more comfortable spending money on having runes and rune pages for their champions. They'd also probably fancy a few champions and feel less guilty buying skins... or ward skins...

I know there are plenty of me's out there, and I know for a fact they'd make roughly $100 less dollars off me and the other me's out there by not having such an option.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Let's do the math here.

$10 = 1380 rp
Thus
$100 = 13800 rp

117 Champs
32 975 Rp Champs = 31200 rp
28 880 Rp Champs = 24640 rp
25 790 Rp Champs = 19750 rp
21 585 Rp Champs = 12285 rp
11 260 Rp Champs = 2860 rp

117 Champs = 90735 rp
117 Champs = $657.50

Let's be generous here. 30% discount on the whole pack.

117 Champs = $460.25

$100 for the whole bunch is not something they want to do. There's no reason. The system they have
right now is working just fine as is. They are making money. No need to change things. Also, that would
take away from the reward of having all the champions. Having all the champions actualy means something.
If that was implemented, that sense of accomplishment just wouldn't be there.
hey guys a league community is looking for members.

-+Project Apex+-

We are a friendly community and we accept all members regardless of level.
We provide a quick support from our Directors(Owners/admins) If you need help.
We also enjoy a good chat.

We are currently looking for event planners!
Aswell as more members.

-+What we offer:+-
-We have weekly RP events.
-Rift Players are welcome.
-Free Coaching
-Friendly community
-Inhouse matches
-Fun and competitive tournaments
-Live streamers
-DJ hosting
-Karaoke nights

Join us at our teamspeak:

Website
Coming soon
I'll take a look into it at some point Toon.

And I guess that Math also explains what my counter point was- the only way Riot could make more money from doing your method Dr Hax is if they could some how magically know who won't buy RP unless they released a all champs bundle and offered it to those people only.

Kinda how getting some form of benefit works- if you meet a criteria (won't spend RP) then you get the help (bundle). xP

Anyway this is silly- pretty much just a debate over nothing. Time for ranked.
-----
First game I was learning Ez.
Nao I lub him <3

-----

Today was a good day
Last edited by souldevilj; Feb 15, 2014 at 10:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
As I lose my chance at free RP oh well better luck next time.
Won a ranked game as MF, then was winning as Varus.
Then my internet goes poop, turns out the bill wasn't paid and I've just probably lost LP
Today is a sad day indeed, I was going to start a roll :L

Ah well, nearly 4.8k IP, might try Graves or Ezreal for ranked gameplay.
i honestly would consider the shop as pretty casual friendly if its that what u mean hax, u could either play a few times a week to just have fun and earn points by the way or drop 5$ to have some fun with a new
champ and to spent a bit money on a hobby u like is never THAT wrong.
i on myself spent about 300€ probably for that game already, skins, champs and yes even 500(soon)750rp on icons. just for the fact that i enjoy the game, i spent lots of time on it and i simply wamt to support the company.
but at the end its anyways the personal opinion, if u dont want to spent money on it, then just dont do it,(faker, probs best player in the world,did not spent a cent on that game either) it just means it takes u longer to get more champs than others, the people which spent 15$ on shit guard udyr wont have any benefit compared to you, and thats all about it.
i do hope i got the point, if not /useless post yeaaaa
-----
i honestly would consider the shop as pretty casual friendly if its that what u mean hax, u could either play a few times a week to just have fun and earn points by the way or drop 5$ to have some fun with a new
champ and to spent a bit money on a hobby u like is never THAT wrong.
i on myself spent about 300€ probably for that game already, skins, champs and yes even 500(soon)750rp on icons. just for the fact that i enjoy the game, i spent lots of time on it and i simply wamt to support the company.
but at the end its anyways the personal opinion, if u dont want to spent money on it, then just dont do it,(faker, probs best player in the world,did not spent a cent on that game either) it just means it takes u longer to get more champs than others, the people which spent 15$ on shit guard udyr wont have any benefit compared to you, and thats all about it.
i do hope i got the point, if not /useless post yeaaaa
Last edited by Unicorn; Feb 17, 2014 at 02:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Hax brings up an interesting option though. I wouldn't mind paying a subscription fee to get instant unlocks of champs and skins as released. Especially considering their announced rate of release for champions, combined with their current pace of skin releases, it should roughly come out to 1-2 skins per month and 1 champ per 4-6 months. Which I could easily rationalize for a couple dollars, maybe even somewhere from 5 to 10 per month if the skin quality is good.

Edit:

oh by the gods help me

Last edited by Oracle; Feb 17, 2014 at 04:42 AM.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
As I am still level 21 Been trying new champs and such and have been looking into getting a new support, any suggestion?

don't judge me cause i'm bad
If you're learning then I'd suggest Leona.
Just simply because she's durable enough to not die with a simple mistake and brings great CC at all stages of the game.

If you've been playing support more so I'd suggest someone more versatile like Nami, I like Nami because she has CC, Poke and Heal all in one package with a very long range knock up with her ultimate.

She's similar to Sona minus the bubble CC in that regard.