Ranking
I watched a trailer of it, it looks great, but oh well it has puzzles, I'll be stuck for years because of the language, anyway thank you for showing it.
ok... I cant belive noone has brough up Cortex Control.
you can get it here. you can get it free (full game but you dont get editing options... -snip-) or you can pay now and get it for about 20 bucks and not pay 40 when the final version comes out.

It is a 2D sidescrolling game. really fun. if you DO get it i suggest playing the tutorial bunker a lot before you really start. also, try out the RPC (its a rocket powered chainsaw... HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!)
Last edited by ChrisDom; Apr 16, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mammary Gland Holders of the Humanoid Lifeforms Commonly Known As, Homo Sapiens.
In the original post he mentions Cortex Command, he already knows about it.

Well the game I thought of at once when I heard the word 2d was Alien Assault. It is not a rpg but a turn based strategy game, it is free and has really simple graphics but it is so much fun.

The game takes place on board representing a alien infested ship and you get various of action point every turn which you can use to order your team of soldiers around. You can put them in sentry mode, this will enable them to shoot at aliens that are coming up after you pressed end turn, without it the aliens will be able to run up on your marines and kill them without them doing anything.

It is really fun, you get different equipment for your soldiers like claws, flamethrowers of machineguns. You can close door in order to keep aliens out if you are being chased.

Missions goes from killing all aliens or closing all the doors to their spawning points, and these are really hard. If you aren't fast enough they will eventually swarm you since they just keep on spawning, if you don't close the doors they will have a free entry.

I remember a game where I had three marines left, one running with all his might past all the aliens in order to close the remaining two doors deep in alien territory while the other two stood and did their best to survive in a corner. I lost that game but damn was that loss epic.

Here is a picture of the game.

The green fellas are your marines. They all have individual action points and then there are the universial action points which everyone can use. Everything you do takes up action points, shooting, walking, to close or open a door, everything.

Not all missions takes place on a ship.

Here is a link to the site.
http://www.teardown.se/

The game takes insperation from Space Hulk a board game by Games Workshop but the THQ exclusivly owns the rights to the warhammer universe from Games Workshop TearDown had to change the name and other refrences in it and make a completely new game.

Check it out, might be hard at first or maybe you don't like strategy games, but this is the best thing I can offer. It really has great atmosphere despite the graphics, it kinda feels like the movie alien2.
Last edited by Madouken; Apr 10, 2010 at 02:03 PM.
Dirt dosen't need luck
you guys forgot the most epic of all rpg... Final fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6

there you have 6 rpg games that are nice and pixelized

dont forget to try the 7 and 9 ( my favourite ) if you get the 3d graphs
It's Mr.AkumaBeast for you! oh and...
Check my inventory if you wish to buy flames.
Originally Posted by darkdoom1 View Post
ok... I cant belive noone has brough up Cortex Control.
you can get it here. you can get it free (full game but you dont get editing options... -snip-) or you can pay now and get it for about 20 bucks and not pay 40 when the final version comes out.

It is a 2D sidescrolling game. really fun. if you DO get it i suggest playing the tutorial bunker a lot before you really start. also, try out the RPC (its a rocket powered chainsaw... HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!)

First it isn't Cortex Control, it's Cortex Command, second, it's already on the list plus it isn't even a RPG, and I've been playing that game since 1 year ago.

Originally Posted by Madouken View Post
In the original post he mentions Cortex Command, he already knows about it.

Well the game I thought of at once when I heard the word 2d was Alien Assault. It is not a rpg but a turn based strategy game, it is free and has really simple graphics but it is so much fun.

The game takes place on board representing a alien infested ship and you get various of action point every turn which you can use to order your team of soldiers around. You can put them in sentry mode, this will enable them to shoot at aliens that are coming up after you pressed end turn, without it the aliens will be able to run up on your marines and kill them without them doing anything.

It is really fun, you get different equipment for your soldiers like claws, flamethrowers of machineguns. You can close door in order to keep aliens out if you are being chased.

Missions goes from killing all aliens or closing all the doors to their spawning points, and these are really hard. If you aren't fast enough they will eventually swarm you since they just keep on spawning, if you don't close the doors they will have a free entry.

I remember a game where I had three marines left, one running with all his might past all the aliens in order to close the remaining two doors deep in alien territory while the other two stood and did their best to survive in a corner. I lost that game but damn was that loss epic.

Here is a picture of the game.

The green fellas are your marines. They all have individual action points and then there are the universial action points which everyone can use. Everything you do takes up action points, shooting, walking, to close or open a door, everything.

Not all missions takes place on a ship.

Here is a link to the site.
http://www.teardown.se/

The game takes insperation from Space Hulk a board game by Games Workshop but the THQ exclusivly owns the rights to the warhammer universe from Games Workshop TearDown had to change the name and other refrences in it and make a completely new game.

Check it out, might be hard at first or maybe you don't like strategy games, but this is the best thing I can offer. It really has great atmosphere despite the graphics, it kinda feels like the movie alien2.

I'll search for some videos on youtube, I'll download/buy whatever if I like it, thank you for spending your time on making that huge post :P

Originally Posted by AkumaBeast View Post
you guys forgot the most epic of all rpg... Final fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6

there you have 6 rpg games that are nice and pixelized

dont forget to try the 7 and 9 ( my favourite ) if you get the 3d graphs

Never really liked final fantasy.
Last edited by ChrisDom; Apr 16, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
Cave Story. I did a hell run. It fucked 6 hours of my life. I practically memorized the course. Youtube hell run cave story and you'll understand
Graal.

Very fun.

A little underpopulated, but they are going to advettise on the iPhone version of it for Unholy Nation, a very popular Graal server, which is expected to add 80% more players apparently. Also, get Graal Playerworlds, the other ones are pretty sucky compared.

Graal Playerworlds.
WHERES THE PAPER TOWELS
I recently got attached to www.funorb.com
you have to make an account to sign up, and it turns out it links with runescape as well! (not that its brilliant or anything, just the no1 free MMORPG, and you dont need that good a graphics card!)