Toribash
I believe aliens to exist. Think about it for a second. There are infinite planets in the universe. So the chance of there being aliens is infinite, as in a probability of 1.

The problem is finding them. Since the universe is known to be never-ending, it might be the near impossible. Then again, they might be right on our door step.

There are phenomena which in my opinion, support the theory of aliens. For example, do you thin that people carried those huge stones to build the pyramids.Some people, including me, will disagree. I think that aliens built those pyramids,and the Egyptians used to worship a god which looked exactly like an alien. Coincidence, I think not .
Originally Posted by bjdjking View Post
I believe aliens to exist. Think about it for a second. There are infinite planets in the universe. So the chance of there being aliens is infinite, as in a probability of 1.

The problem is finding them. Since the universe is known to be never-ending, it might be the near impossible. Then again, they might be right on our door step.

There are phenomena which in my opinion, support the theory of aliens. For example, do you thin that people carried those huge stones to build the pyramids.Some people, including me, will disagree. I think that aliens built those pyramids,and the Egyptians used to worship a god which looked exactly like an alien. Coincidence, I think not .

... There's so much wrong with this post, it's rather embarrassing.

There is a definite end of the universe, that much has been proven, so there is not an infinite amount of planets. What you're mistaking for an infinite universe is an expanding universe. Second, just because the universe expands, does not mean it suddenly creates planets out of nothing as it does so. Rather, it increases the distance between galaxies. So there aren't suddenly random planets appearing out of nowhere. If the conditions don't exist for life to originate to begin with, it's highly improbable they will arise at any later date.

Because of this, you can't make the assumption that there's a 100% chance of alien life forms existing. There's a high probability based on the size of the population from which to observe, but it's not a certainty.

And the last paragraph... I can only assume you were staring into space during history class. The pyramids were created through slave labor over a period of decades. They did not just suddenly appear out of nowhere. Similarly, just because one of the stones were a couple tons in weight, does not mean it was physically impossible for the structure to get built at the time. The Egyptians were fairly technologically advanced at the time, so it's fairly obvious that something as simple as a pulley system would have been implemented. It would have even been possible for them to have created it using a ramp system, albeit inefficiently, with the tech at the time. The pyramids were the outcome of a large labor force working over a large period of time with basic technology at their disposal. It was NOT the work of aliens.

Also, the Egyptian gods are based off animals. Human bodies with, usually, animal heads. The conclusion that because they look like aliens, they must be aliens, is a preposterous claim. Jellyfish look pretty damn alien to me, but I'd be a fool to assume that they're aliens because of it.

The claim also has the implied statement that you know how an alien looks like. But if you know how an alien looks like, you wouldn't need to prove that aliens exist using a separate example from the alien observed. So it's a flawed argument through and through.

Finally, it's amusing that you'll argue the probability of aliens existing, but say the probability of humans building something large is incredibly low. Just because you are not familiar with how to move a metric ton block of stone, doesn't mean somebody else (read as: somebody who isn't an airhead) could not have thought it up themselves a couple thousand years back.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Finally, it's amusing that you'll argue the probability of aliens existing, but say the probability of humans building something large is incredibly low. Just because you are not familiar with how to move a metric ton block of stone, doesn't mean somebody else (read as: somebody who isn't an airhead) could not have thought it up themselves a couple thousand years back.

Chill out, kitten.
Your logic can't be countered and that's enough, no need to go heavy on the boy.
-The Doctor is in-
24/7
PRETTY GOOD WITH RIDDLES
I will ignore WickedHayo because i don't want to get an infraction for being offtopic.EJM brought up a good point.Schvannia is in first place so far,Oracle is in second..The first and second place winners will both get 30TC..Not much....xD.Good luck!!!!! xD..if you want me to go into more Detail,PM me...xD.
Last edited by goku40; Jun 30, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
This world is cold and cannot be changed.Only one man can change it and that is me!
... There's so much wrong with this post, it's rather embarrassing.

There is a definite end of the universe, that much has been proven, so there is not an infinite amount of planets. What you're mistaking for an infinite universe is an expanding universe. Second, just because the universe expands, does not mean it suddenly creates planets out of nothing as it does so. Rather, it increases the distance between galaxies. So there aren't suddenly random planets appearing out of nowhere. If the conditions don't exist for life to originate to begin with, it's highly improbable they will arise at any later date.

Because of this, you can't make the assumption that there's a 100% chance of alien life forms existing. There's a high probability based on the size of the population from which to observe, but it's not a certainty.

And the last paragraph... I can only assume you were staring into space during history class. The pyramids were created through slave labor over a period of decades. They did not just suddenly appear out of nowhere. Similarly, just because one of the stones were a couple tons in weight, does not mean it was physically impossible for the structure to get built at the time. The Egyptians were fairly technologically advanced at the time, so it's fairly obvious that something as simple as a pulley system would have been implemented. It would have even been possible for them to have created it using a ramp system, albeit inefficiently, with the tech at the time. The pyramids were the outcome of a large labor force working over a large period of time with basic technology at their disposal. It was NOT the work of aliens.

Also, the Egyptian gods are based off animals. Human bodies with, usually, animal heads. The conclusion that because they look like aliens, they must be aliens, is a preposterous claim. Jellyfish look pretty damn alien to me, but I'd be a fool to assume that they're aliens because of it.

The claim also has the implied statement that you know how an alien looks like. But if you know how an alien looks like, you wouldn't need to prove that aliens exist using a separate example from the alien observed. So it's a flawed argument through and through.

The pyramids were made with slaves yes, but what has made Stonehenge? I don't think we had the proper.... Equipment to pull of a construction of those likes. What say you? Also, I heard stories of another planet in our galaxy or a closeby one with life sustaining capabilities, whats your take on that?
[10:19] <~Tim> Why the fuck not, I'm insane :D
[12:06] <~Tim> Frost-Dragon: I bet you're sexy
Ok, let's just be specific here and say that life and inteligent life are extremely far apart.
There is live in the universe? Probably yes. They are inteligent? We'll probably never know since our planet might end before we have the time to evolve enough to make contact.

The stonehenge could be accomplished by humans too, but it's just really pointless. Even more pointless for advanced aliens, I'd take it. People do all sorts of stupid things, who knows their reasons for pilling up rocks.
-The Doctor is in-
24/7
PRETTY GOOD WITH RIDDLES
Originally Posted by Frost-Dragon View Post
The pyramids were made with slaves yes, but what has made Stonehenge? I don't think we had the proper.... Equipment to pull of a construction of those likes. What say you? Also, I heard stories of another planet in our galaxy or a closeby one with life sustaining capabilities, whats your take on that?

Stonehenge is significantly smaller. Slave labor wouldn't even be necessary for it. It also is arranged in such a way that it reflects solar cycles or something along those lines. Knowledge of astrological positions has existed for a really, REALLY long time. Buildings have been constructed, which are much older and larger, that exhibit the same knowledge. So really, Stonehenge is rather insignificant. The only quality about it that have people puzzled is that it's in the middle of nowhere. However, that's not enough basis to conclude that it must be aliens. It's not unheard of for humans to construct religiously significant objects in far off places. Going on a pilgrimage of some sort has been prevalent in religious culture for thousands of years. Stonehenge is highly likely to have been constructed for a religious basis, as ancient buildings that were designed with knowledge of astronomy at the time were for either scientific or, more commonly, religious purposes. By placing it in the middle of nowhere, they increase it's prestige by making it seem hard to obtain, therefore more divine.

And life sustaining capabilities does not mean life exists on it. Again, this is the question of probability vs certainty. With life sustaining capabilities, the probability of life being on it is higher than if it didn't have the right criteria. However, that does not make it a certainty. You have to remember that life being generated out of non-life is as uncommon an event as the right conditions for life to exist in the first place, perhaps even more so. The odds are astronomically low. Paired with finding planets which harbor conditions suitable for life as we know it, the odds of us finding life on another planet within the first couple decades of us beginning our search is incredibly low.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Stonehenge is significantly smaller. Slave labor wouldn't even be necessary for it. It also is arranged in such a way that it reflects solar cycles or something along those lines. Knowledge of astrological positions has existed for a really, REALLY long time. Buildings have been constructed, which are much older and larger, that exhibit the same knowledge. So really, Stonehenge is rather insignificant. The only quality about it that have people puzzled is that it's in the middle of nowhere. However, that's not enough basis to conclude that it must be aliens. It's not unheard of for humans to construct religiously significant objects in far off places. Going on a pilgrimage of some sort has been prevalent in religious culture for thousands of years. Stonehenge is highly likely to have been constructed for a religious basis, as ancient buildings that were designed with knowledge of astronomy at the time were for either scientific or, more commonly, religious purposes. By placing it in the middle of nowhere, they increase it's prestige by making it seem hard to obtain, therefore more divine.

And life sustaining capabilities does not mean life exists on it. Again, this is the question of probability vs certainty. With life sustaining capabilities, the probability of life being on it is higher than if it didn't have the right criteria. However, that does not make it a certainty. You have to remember that life being generated out of non-life is as uncommon an event as the right conditions for life to exist in the first place, perhaps even more so. The odds are astronomically low. Paired with finding planets which harbor conditions suitable for life as we know it, the odds of us finding life on another planet within the first couple decades of us beginning our search is incredibly low.

One for Stonehenge: How was it placed there? Did we even have the construction technology to build it there/place it there in the first place?

Two for L.S.P.*Life Sustainable Planet*: I know, but what I mean't is that we have a possibility that we can relocate to said planet, and it will have the necessities that we need to live there.

Three for you: I'm not trying to prove you wrong, nor am I putting your words down, simply asking questions because I am learning new things from you. Don't take my words to heart.
[10:19] <~Tim> Why the fuck not, I'm insane :D
[12:06] <~Tim> Frost-Dragon: I bet you're sexy
They used to move big rocks with canals of water that led to the construction site.
The water would drive the rocks, the people would need to do little effort, at least in the transporting phase.
-The Doctor is in-
24/7
PRETTY GOOD WITH RIDDLES