ES Recruitment Drive
Sona's my best champ according to lolskill. Hayz essentially covered everything you need to know.

If you can land a good crescendo and your team doesn't suck, you've just won the teamfight.
Hoss.
Insta-Plat with just only 5 games on the Twisted Treeline... Legit.

Man... I'm so jealous. :c
Me and two friends also tried to make our way through ranked 3v3... Or we got Koreans to play against us or we just suck, we just won like 2 games out of 5.
underground shelter with windows of a sunny day
always ~
Originally Posted by Hayz View Post
Insta-Plat with just only 5 games on the Twisted Treeline... Legit.

Man... I'm so jealous. :c
Me and two friends also tried to make our way through ranked 3v3... Or we got Koreans to play against us or we just suck, we just won like 2 games out of 5.

what meta did u use ?
French Froggy
[OFRO]
Originally Posted by LaSer38 View Post
what meta did u use ?

Usually 2 bot, 1 top. We tried to go 1 bot, 1 jungler and 1 top... It didn't work out as expected.
We combined only have like 50 or something games of Twisted Treeline games... I personally dislike the map. But we thought: "hey, let's do this and get like a good ranking for the end of the season rewards". lol, nope.

BTW, just a curiosity: after playing this game for 8 months (started on February) I still really dislike playing ranked... Especially yoloQ. DuoQ I'll do some from time to time... very rarely (6 games out of 10 so far... still unranked).

Got into a team of friends a few days ago and we've been doing some 5v5. 4 games, 2 victories so far. It sucks, I know.
underground shelter with windows of a sunny day
always ~
Haha thanks guys!
After winning 2 Sona games in Normal, I felt confident enough to attempt a ranked game.
This was the result :3

Lucian was a bit of a derp, he normally tried intiating and running in normally getting pwned or just nearly killed, I had to use my Crucible a lot on him ^^'
-----
That feeling when you disconnect in ranked champ select and have the perfect team and lose LP anyways
-----
I reconnected, team got 4-2 when I returned and everybody was level 6 or higher. Wow. GJ
-----
I did as much as I could but our MF got a little too greedy and thus we lost. I still blame myself though.. bet it would've been different if I was here pre 6 :L

So close

Last edited by souldevilj; Oct 25, 2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Hayz View Post
BTW, just a curiosity: after playing this game for 8 months (started on February) I still really dislike playing ranked... Especially yoloQ. DuoQ I'll do some from time to time... very rarely (6 games out of 10 so far... still unranked).

Got into a team of friends a few days ago and we've been doing some 5v5. 4 games, 2 victories so far. It sucks, I know.

i dont understand how people can dislike playing ranked. there's not a single difference between rank draft and normal draft. your mmr is visible and you more accurately are placed against / with people of your skill level

i dunno i love ranked i almost exclusively play ranked unless normals are with friends or to warm up if u play it like its not a big deal i think you'd enjoy it more

Originally Posted by Echoforce View Post
i dont understand how people can dislike playing ranked. there's not a single difference between rank draft and normal draft. your mmr is visible and you more accurately are placed against / with people of your skill level

i dunno i love ranked i almost exclusively play ranked unless normals are with friends or to warm up if u play it like its not a big deal i think you'd enjoy it more

I don't like it because my normal mmr was much more representative of my actual ability before I derped the herp with it by playing with a bunch of level 20s. It auto pairs me with silvers in ranked because of my end of s2 rank, but I routinely find the level of derp that I normally don't see in my normals. I've won half, lost half, and decided to stop trying for s3 and wait for s4 because of how taxing it is.

Teams that are winning are too uncoordinated and belligerent to push their advantage when they have it, and players are routinely fresh into level 30 and think they're god-tier adc or top (pro tip, they really, really aren't). That's not to say I can't scrape wins out of them, it's just it's not fun for me to constantly berate my team to stop bickering and get some shit done so that we can win. When you have to play diplomat to your top and mid lane for 20 minutes just so that they can coordinate for once and win a game that drags to 50 minutes because the retards wanted to yell at each other for the rest of the game rather than push to win when nexus turrets are open with 40 second timers and a full team, and you have to do that in 1 out of 3 games, it's mentally draining and aggravating.

With normals I can give zero fucks and just have fun because there's no feedback on how shitty or good the game thinks I am.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I don't like it because my normal mmr was much more representative of my actual ability before I derped the herp with it by playing with a bunch of level 20s. It auto pairs me with silvers in ranked because of my end of s2 rank, but I routinely find the level of derp that I normally don't see in my normals. I've won half, lost half, and decided to stop trying for s3 and wait for s4 because of how taxing it is.

Teams that are winning are too uncoordinated and belligerent to push their advantage when they have it, and players are routinely fresh into level 30 and think they're god-tier adc or top (pro tip, they really, really aren't). That's not to say I can't scrape wins out of them, it's just it's not fun for me to constantly berate my team to stop bickering and get some shit done so that we can win. When you have to play diplomat to your top and mid lane for 20 minutes just so that they can coordinate for once and win a game that drags to 50 minutes because the retards wanted to yell at each other for the rest of the game rather than push to win when nexus turrets are open with 40 second timers and a full team, and you have to do that in 1 out of 3 games, it's mentally draining and aggravating.

With normals I can give zero fucks and just have fun because there's no feedback on how shitty or good the game thinks I am.

I like the way you think. I got carried in my preliminaries for ranked, 7-8 games I won. Because I was carried by people, got placed in silver 1.
Which I am no where good enough to be there, so I end up feeding or not doing anything at all. I resorted to being support because I'm not expected to do much other then ward everywhere and make sure my ADC stays alive + map awareness.
Normally play Tank top, so I'm use to map awareness and keeping everybody alive.
But since my Ranked was fucked up due to getting carried everygame by smurfs(Such as the Diamond 1 who decided to jungle rammus and go 17/2/4). I can't have fun in ranked due to the fact I don't belong in my ranked spot. So I'm still stuck doing Normal since it's unfair I'm screwing up everybody else's ELO's because I'm feeding them.

Do you ever get a chance to replace for ranked? Or am I forever Silver 1? I can't play in Silver. Too stork for me. I have like 73 normal wins, 80 ARAM wins, and 150 CO-OP vs AI.
been playing for that shit since months, FUCKING MONTHS were never able to get higher than silver 3 80ish LP, and now when i have barley time and can only play at the weekends i am able to do it.. and that in 4 matches from 66LP with 2 matches to promo and win it.
i guess that skyrocket my MMR, while in promo i already played with silver 1's i guess when im able to win a few more games ima start playing against gold's

heca one was the worst, our mid went 2/9 but our top was able to manage a 8/0 with cho.
in the nida one ive carried a unranked toplaner which was feeding too.(even due i got countered.)
the cait one i just had an awesome support...

i just noticed i was able to carry 2 times a feeder, i guess thats good and lets me climb the ladder even more o.o
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken