Toribash
Original Post
New Tutorial for 5.0
Okay before you start flaming me "this has already been suggested!" I know I know, but I'm bringing new light to this issue and I'm gong to suggest a way to fix the flaws that are in the current system.

First off I think the current tutorial system is actually teaching players the wrong skills. "but K0HTA what do you mean by this?", well its simple if you think about it. Okay I'll give you an example to make this easier too.

Lets say I'm buying a new game for my game console and I start up the story mode. Whats the first thing that happens? They teach me how to play is the correct answer, I know you're thinking it, but you're not seeing the picture yet. In Toribash they teach you some openers to kill people, which would be like the new game I just bought teaching me only things like combos and finishers. What I'm pointing out here is that games classically teach you how to simply move around before they teach you how to kill/beat/rekt your opponent.

What I want to see created is a new tutorial that focuses on general movement before openers to kill uke/players. The way I was thinking to do this is with a simple system. We create mods with floating balls that have a win trigger in them. We place to ball in front of the Tori and just remove Uke from the picture. After that the instructions will pop up on screen telling the player something like "Your goal is to touch the ball with your hand, in order to do so follow these steps: press c once to hold all of your joints, contract either of your pecs.", this will put more focus on how each joint works and what kind of movements it will create. After that you can move the ball around and give them different instructions to reach the ball each time. Once they have completed them all have them do it once without instructions. After they have completed all of that then you can move them on to the flashy openers to kill uke.

Examples

Besides this aspect of the tutorial it would also be nice if the openers we are teaching the new players are ones that actually apply to mods like Aikido, ABD, Judo, JudoFrac, lenshu3, and lenshu3ng. These are some of the main mods for the community, yes I know I left some important ones out, but you get my point. I would just rather the new players learn openers they can actually progressively use and not useless ones.
Last edited by Kohta; Jan 24, 2016 at 10:42 PM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
I like it. Can't guarantee that it'll be included in 5.0 but I've added it to my list of suggestions to dev.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Thanks Hanz0, was just doing my usual stuff and realized how many times I had to tell a new player to go learn his joints first. Figured a tutorial around it would improve overall player quality.
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
I remembered a few weeks ago a somewhat similar thread was made: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=544087

I loved it then and I still love the idea. I think a more indepth tutorial would be suuuppper helpful to brand new players. I know I would have loved being taught what joints do what etc. etc.
Thats just someone complaining about the system in place and giving a vague description on what they want done with it. In all honesty what they want there would almost be over burdening to new players and would risk boring them to death before they fall in love with the game. Now go away Pouffywall, this thread has already done its job.

Damn useless co-leader. <3
Closing thread, its served it purpose.