Ranking
Originally Posted by Kurokaen View Post
:^)

holy shit i was actually mentioned in something even after being absent for so long feelsgoodman

also you should probably reapply when you have 3 replays as good as the third replay you posted cause that was fire but the others felt very lacking
8===D
soooooooooo, hmmmm, denied?
fimmy toribsah discorD DECAPgo be on fire somewhere elseₜₕₑ fᵢᵣetck listener
aaaand still dead
Hello, no longer dead hopefully. I was somewhat busy the last few months but now I have some free time, so if there are apps I'll try to rise from the dead and review. It's been centuries since you guys posted, so I'll just ask you to make your apps again if you still want to apply, I'm assuming you might have new replays you want to add or something. But bottom line, I am back in business (hopefully)
oh yeah
i dont have an actual new app, could you just review my previous one, ive been suffering for 2 months
when you fanboy orko: Good opener, decent decap and glute dms. Nice use of the weight of uke's head to move yourself around. A bit of a nitpick, but the extending of your neck at 350 would have looked nicer if synchronised with something else, it sticks out quite a bit. Whether or not it looks good or bad visually is my opinion but these "twitches" have practical effects, and your head moving down brings no benefit in that moment (in general moving a single joint at a time brings little benefit). Again it seems like a nitpick, but consider that the head is the heaviest part of the tori, if I'm not mistaken, and one realises that moving your neck actually enforces quite a bit of force on the rest of the body, it's a really important and influential joint.

Very cool ground dms. The skeets were just a little bit unremarkable to me, they didn't really impress in either distance or difficulty or creativity. Orko likes to have retarded physics bending skeets (at least the one I'm thinking of). If I missed a skeet or something please notify. The ending I'm also not a big fan of unfortunately, exploding yourself at the end of a replay is my pet peeve, I will never not see it as a cop-out from editing in something that looks better. The only replay I can think of in which it works is some hacked replay I don't remember who made where they use superpowers to destroy the other dude, in that case it makes sense they explode, here it doesn't really make sense contextually and it's less impressive than even a simple pose. Not that you shouldn't do it if you want, but in the context of having your replays reviewed, I can't just presume that you are capable of editing an ending and just chose not to

Tomorrow: Good stuff in general. At first I didn't like the pause at around 420, but it looks cool because it looks like you're waiting for your right arm to swing around and help push Uke. Around frame 300 your chest took longer to rotate than your pecs and slowed you down a little bit. The replay is good but riddled with little imperfections that hinder the quality as a whole, mostly small movements that you could have fixed with a little bit more attention, such as your right arm raising and lowering consecutively between 560 and 530. I assume the sudden raise was to help tilt your body and get your right foot on the ground, which you could have done by lowering your arm more slowly or not lowering it as much previously, instead of compensating by raising it later. Same thing happens with your right elbow extending at 465 (could have not let it contract so much by holding it, just enough so that your hand doesn't scrape on his legs), and with your right shoulder shortly after (you were lowering it at 458, then raised it very suddenly at 457). These "oh shit, I should be lowering/raising/contracting this joint" movements can be avoided by trying to have a little more awareness over all your limbs and what they are doing, it's common for people to move their arms spastically while they're kicking because they're focusing on the kicks and not realising that while using their arms for aiming, they moved them around fifty times in the space of a couple of frames. Again not just a matter of aesthetic, start and stop movements make you lose energy, moving smoothly preserves momentum. By doing a movement that is the opposite of what you were doing a frame earlier, you are basically fighting the force of the previous movement and also starting the new movement from 0. If you try to keep your limbs at a more "neutral" point it becomes easier to extend or contract them when you need to and your movements will be more effective.

The pose here I thought was pretty good, very simple and fast transition, it worked.

The best replay ever: I was very disappointed to learn this isn't the best replay ever. It is however the best replay in your app by far, your twitchy-ness isn't a problem because you're moving so fast, it conceals any imperfections in the movement. The decap I thought was brilliant, and so were the skeets. You posed aswell, which makes me happy.
This replay was really great, but unfortunately it is only 33% of your whole app, and the other two replays are not of the same quality, otherwise I would not hesitate to vote yes. As your app stands my vote is a no, but I would be very happy to see two more replays of this quality in the next app. You have very nice movement and dms, good material even in the two replays I criticised, I would focus on trying to be more perfectionist and ironing out small nuisances in the movement, and trying to smoothen and synchronise movements instead of tweaking joints last minute.
oh yeah
I mean i'll probably get denied straight away but i guess i might aswell try, excuse the terrible replay names im not Fred.
Attached Files
Joel ~ Nausea.rpl (325.7 KB, 14 views)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hi Joel, first replay is pretty cool, your movement looks good save for very minor things. Although I like how everything looks, there wasn't anything that looked really impressive or was difficult to perform, aside from making the hits transition well. It was a well made replay but not extremely inspired. My rule of thumb is that if I'm on the fence about an app, then I should probably decide against it, so generally I look to be impressed, not just satisfied.

The second replay is more of the same, although I think the movement is slightly less refined (some more abrupt movements that could have been synched a bit better). I liked the opener a bit more, the first replay's opener was more or less the common fall on the floor & push off routine, this one was a little more cool looking. The decap looked a bit strange because your right shoulder had finished lowering long before you even had the grab on him, so a lot of frames are spent on that waiting for the hand to get the grab position while the rest of the body is almost completely static. It just looks unintentional, as if you tried to get the grab quickly but since your body was bending back your hand didn't reach so you just waited for it to reach. That dinky pec kick afterwards also looked weird for similar reasons, your knee extending is pretty much the only noticeable movement you are doing, your arms are doing almost nothing. Personally I don't like how it looks, but aesthetics aside it is less effective than using the rest of your body to help the kick. You can argue that it got the dm so it got the job done, in the context of this replay that is fine, but in the prospect of you improving I'll argue that synchronising movements and using all of your body is an important skill to have and in the case of a more difficult hit you would have been forced to work harder for the dm, so you should try to pay attention to that. The rest of the replay is more or less the same. The skeet I thought was a bit pointless if it was intentional, and the small twitch to the pose is the kind of stuff you could iron out with a bit more patience I think.

The third replay is good, the opener is pretty effective and I think the split is sweet. Considering how close you were to uke, I think you did a nice job with the boom. Afterwards you were left tits up in a bad position, I'm surprised you managed to get enough leverage with your left arm to swing around and get a boomhit on the crotch, which looks like instagib btw. Again, the cute skeet at the end that is probably one of my biggest pet peeves, I just see no point. If you skeeted the head I would actually have enjoyed it a lot more (it's a smaller target and farther away so it would be more impressive). Again, well made but nothing particularly spectacular.

For now I vote no, I would say practice some ambitious stuff, do something crazy, and try to leave yourself in beneficial positions, while doing a hit try to look ahead and see how you're going to land or what you'll do next and make it easier by preparing for it earlier. And practice of course lol.
-----
An arrow with a letter has just landed in my backyard saying that Joel can post new replays if he wants and I will review them instead
Last edited by pusga; Jul 22, 2018 at 10:31 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oh yeah
Figured i may as well after 10 years of existence in this community try for ORMO, I've tried to include diverse replays, but can never really shake off the oldschool. also I've never really been into tricking, but i figured I'd break out of the comfort zone.

#Hans-CranialConundrum.rpl

#Hans-HotDogWater.rpl

#Hans-ShittyRicky.rpl
[fl0w][OoT][OLDA][Team Wushu]