ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Three suggestions
Got several suggestions that, if implemented, would allow for many great mods to be made.

1. Make it possible to give an object thrust that is perpendicular to one of its sides. Currently, if you make a cube and give it thrust z, it will fly upwards no matter how you rotate it. Now imagine if thrust direction rotated together with said cube, such that you could steer where it's going. This change would allow to make steerable helicopters, airplanes, better land vehicles, and all sorts of other cool stuff.

2. This has been suggested before but what the hell. I'd like an option to set it so that fracture of the wrist un-grabs the hand and disables grab on that hand for the rest of the game.

3. Now, this one's a real long shot but I think it'd be the best change of all. Any tori joint can only rotate in one direction, whereas human joints can rotate in multiple directions. However, you could greatly increase the range of motion of tori models without adding extra joints or changing the look of tori models. You could do this if you utilized body parts, like triceps and thighs. For example, what if clicking on tricep rotated it, in the same way human forearm rotates, together with the wrist and the elbow? Similarly, clicking on a thigh could rotate your hip outward/inward. I don't know how doable this is, but it would allow for much more realistic and complex movements, more techniques, etc etc.
I'm in favor if both 1 & 2. I can see both of these opening up a lot of options with both mod making and grappling mods. The wrist are and important aspect of competition both in game and real life. Having a penalty such as this for being careless with your wrist ads more thought and late game depth to grappling matches. Also there are a lot of cool kicks and moves you can do in a grappling match when only one grab is active, you just don't see them often since players are usually trapped in a grab trade from the start of a match. The style of grappling mods has been stagnent for a long time now and adding in this wrist mechanic could help breath some new life into it.
Last edited by Kohta; Jan 24, 2016 at 09:23 AM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •