Ranking
Original Post
Transferring OS from HDD to SSD
Alright, so I'm in a bit of a predicament.
I have a 1TB HDD, and that has my OS (Windows 8.1), and all of my games on it.
Now, I plan on buying a SSD very very soon, but I no longer have a copy of Windows 8.1 so the only way is to transfer Windows from my HDD to my SSD, persay. And I'm looking to store my OS and the games I play the most on it.
Now, I don't exactly know how to do this, since the only time I've actually attempted to do it was with Windows XP years back.
How do I do it, and will it involve me completely reformatting my HDD and removing all the files from it (which I'm willing to do, just would be a pain in the ass)
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Best option is to reinstall windows on to your SSD, then reinstall games (if you use steam you can back up games then restore them). You can install windows on your ssd, then plug in your HDD and transfer whatever files you want, but it won't work for most programs since they need registry or configs that are set up on install, so you will need to reinstall.

Otherwise you can clone your HDD to your SSD using a variety of methods, eg this was #1 on google: http://lifehacker.com/5837543/how-to...alling-windows