Ranking
I answered that already. AA should be based on Living Conditions, Income etc. Not Race based.

I don't disagree Bodhi, but there are tons of black communities that need some serious help and a push. Look at Detroit, Baltimore, etc. They still need a lot of help, 50 years isn't enough to get a nation back on it's feet. Which is where the cycle of poverty comes in, they need outside help, which they aren't really getting because funds and what not are going to helping other minorities and immigrants.

Also i'm not saying it's NEEDED specifically for black folk, but it's original intent was to help them out back in the 80s I think.

And my stance isn't concrete on this either, Poverty and AA is pretty complex situation.
Last edited by T0ribush; Jan 4, 2017 at 01:20 AM.
Then why the comments about how their predecessors might have made a mistake? That would be an argument for the opposite stance I would think. Anyhow I do believe AA based on living conditions and income makes sense. But I dont like it in the way it is being deployed in this case
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Predecessors, while there are exceptions are still subject to a poor life style, poor values, and generally have less resources to achieve an education, which is where the cycle comes in, it happens, but not often when one of them breaks through and starts generating wealth in the family.
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
Predecessors, while there are exceptions are still subject to a poor life style, poor values, and generally have less resources to achieve an education, which is where the cycle comes in, it happens, but not often when one of them breaks through and starts generating wealth in the family.

Yes, the poverty cycle is hard to break. Im not sure if you are agreeing with me here or not, if you are saying here that AA should be based on family income then I agree, if not read on:

This isnt the child's fault, why should a child be punished for being in a hard to break cycle?

That white boy would've had every advantage if his parents didn't squander it. It's not the systems fault it was their fault. A LOT of white folk in America have only themselves to blame for not succeeding.

The Indian chick has the advantage because her parents didn't screw around and are most likely very hard working business people who jumped at ever chance they had to get ahead.

As you said, his parents (potentially) made the mistake not the child, the child does not have himself to blame he has his parents. While the Indian girl has her parents to thank, not herself.

In this case AA should be taken to give advantage to the white child as he is the one who was disadvantaged, but the system in question gives the advantage to the indian female. I disagree with this implementation of AA in this case. Do you agree that AA is wrongly put into action in this case?
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
While the child shouldn't be punished by the actions of his family in the past, it's just the way it goes. First Nations, Black folks, and Mexicans or whatever shouldn't have to be dealing with the actions of yesterday, but here we are, it's just the way she goes.

I agree that AA should've helped with the white kid, in Canada when a kid goes through the pains of being hungry almost everyday, has next to no clothes, walks to school from like 40 minutes away and still gets good grades, the Kid takes precedence, he/she is noticed and is given the slight upper hand, I'm not sure it's the same in America.

The indian girl would've gone to a school somewhere anyways with or without the help of AA because Money, doesn't mean she would graduate though.
Last edited by T0ribush; Jan 4, 2017 at 11:40 PM.
While the child shouldn't be punished by the actions of his family in the past, it's just the way it goes. First Nations, Black folks, and Mexicans or whatever shouldn't have to be dealing with the actions of yesterday, but here we are, it's just the way she goes.

I agree that AA should've helped with the white kid, in Canada when a kid goes through the pains of being hungry almost everyday, has next to no clothes, walks to school from like 40 minutes away and still gets good grades, the Kid takes precedence, he/she is noticed and is given the slight upper hand, I'm not sure it's the same in America.

The indian girl would've gone to a school somewhere anyways with or without the help of AA because Money, doesn't mean she would graduate though.

"It's just the way it goes" was the same reasoning by many for lynchings of blacks in the early 1900's.

Say your entire family was abused, murdered, and raped. There was no evidence but you knew who did it - although, because there's no evidence, they can't be convicted, they now walk free. Would you say "it's just the way it goes" and be entirely apathetic?

This isn't an analogy for AA, it's an example to show you how toxic and stupid that mindset is.