Ranking
Original Post
OH, TB isnt racistic game!
Today we (6 russian players) got warned (and also Unicorn muted me) for russian speech on ETourney.
Why tf we cant speak on our language? Unicorn told that we need to keep our russian in whispers or download shitty program for this.
Can any 21+ y.o admin help us with this?
I know it seems unfair but the real reason behind this rule is because most of us es don't speak nor understand Russian and we can't moderate what you guys are saying if you speak in Russian. If for example the host understood or spoke Russian then you would probably be allowed to speak Russian. Also remember you guys aren't the only people speaking different languages that most es can't understand, the others get warned and muted as well.
So English is general game language and other languages arent allowed on public servers, right?
Hoster of the tournament told me to write a report with screenshots on the forum, so he reacted to insults from other players in my address. What kind of chat moderation are you talking about?
English is a language most if not all TB players can at least understand somewhat. Definitely all ES members which host these events and are in charge of moderating the chat. The problem with russian is that unless we have a russian speaking ES member hosting the server, they cannot see if you are saying anything meaningless and/or breaking chat rules. This is why some hosts like for the chat to be English only. Some hosts do allow other languages in chat but that does make the server prone to harrasment shielded by a language barrier. So most ES, instead of allowing russian and then when somebody complains about something said in russian and having to go through translating what was said and figuring out if it was in any way rule breaking, just say that the chat should be kept English only. This is in no way an attack on any languages or cultures, rather a way to lessen the potential of rule breaking getting past them
h
And also about forum.
You guys have russian boards (clans, organization) and you dont have russian smods which can moderate. What kind of forum moderation are you talking about?
Being that the ETourney is not a public server, the server owner can set the rules. If they say no Russian, then no Russian. You can always play on public servers where you can speak Russian.
1) Then, if I'm going to host my tournament, why can not I forbid speaking in English?
2) If one ES forbids something, and another permits, what kind of rules are these?
Originally Posted by Punk View Post
1) Then, if I'm going to host my tournament, why can not I forbid speaking in English?
2) If one ES forbids something, and another permits, what kind of rules are these?

If you were hosting a tourney, being that it's a private server, you can set the rules. Although, because a large portion of the community speaks English, it wouldn't be a good time since you'd have 3 people talking out of 15. (for example)

There's always the option to make a suggestion in the suggestion sub-forum.
Originally Posted by Punk View Post

1) You sure can. Tell them it's a russian only tournament and it will be a russian only tournament (I am not exactly sure if globalling your server would change this, I'd let a curent staff member answer that)

2) It's up to the hoster's choice. If they don't want to deal with the potential of harassement and slurring in other languages, they don't allow them. If they would rather keep the chat open to all languages fully knowing there might be some problems, they can do that.
h