Toribash
Originally Posted by Wife View Post
Good joke but he'll never get full ES.

About general language.
Just make the rule guys. If ES member cant moderate chat because of language - then its his problems.

Your logic makes no sense.
How is someone supposed to moderate language they cant understand?

(im)

Originally Posted by basic View Post
dude just learn how to speak russian lmao

ah, would you be so kind as to take a few years of your time to teach russian to us?
This is why i should be ES cause i can moderate both

Might be worth some staff putting in the effort to learn basic russian as it's clearly an upsetting topic for the russian community. I would hope not all of the staff have the same mentality of changing nothing because it personally makes their life easier.

or maybe i'm wrong
Last edited by Bless; Mar 3, 2018 at 10:21 AM.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Your logic makes no sense.
How is someone supposed to moderate language they cant understand?

I meant that you guys need to make rule "Only English on public servers".
Now it looks like "dont speak on your succ language fuckn beasts"
Originally Posted by bands View Post
We usually do this because the most known language on this game is English. Everyone (not literally everyone but mostly) somewhat understands basic English. We aren't specifically singling out the Russians, if a bunch of you guys join a room and literally fill the chat with a language no one other than you guys understand, then it can get annoying to try and read what people are typing in English. This can happen to any group of people. Such as people speaking Portuguese or Spanish.

Why would it be annoying to read English outta the Russian chat? And that, if the Russians have anything to say to the moderator who doesn't understand Russian, he would totally say that in English
Besides, it was never a rule to always speak English in-game so the moderators can moderate the chat

Or hey! is it now? Beautiful.

And yes, if the English people in-chat don't like Russian being spoken, they would probably tell them. It shouldn't be a moderator's job to filter out languages in chat
Last edited by MrSofty; Mar 3, 2018 at 11:29 AM.
Na sahi kuch magar itna to kiya karte the
Wo mujhe dekh ke pehchan liya karte the
ok so the problem/question here is:
why aren't Russian people allowed to speak Russian in the public servers or in ETourneys?

My answer:

Russian people ARE allowed to speak Russian in private or public servers, in ETourneys it depends on who is hosting. If the host says no Russian then you have to speak Russian in whisper, if they say Russian is allowed then you can speak Russian! That rule is there because the host needs to be able to moderate the chat and if they only speak English then you'd understand why they won't allow Russian. If you have a few years of spare time you could teach the ES members Russian, if you're just here to complain then please post in the Rate the Event Squad thread.

PLEASE NOTE:

you could also be host of a private server and say that English isn't allowed and should be kept in whisper. It's not like the staff are singling out Russian people. Everything is equal, theyre just trying to say that english is a language that most of the staff speak.
Last edited by Kasai; Mar 3, 2018 at 12:10 PM.
Fan Club <3
(Tron)~(Ab)~k3vs~ShelliuX
[sigpic]Click for Reta[/sigpic]
<(Tron)KASAi> wow youre rude
<[a]Tabby> <3
Vote for Cool Staff!
Originally Posted by Bless View Post
Might be worth some staff putting in the effort to learn basic russian as it's clearly an upsetting topic for the russian community. I would hope not all of the staff have the same mentality of changing nothing because it personally makes their life easier.

Or it might be worth not trying to keep speaking a language the host doesn't understand after being told numerous times over the years for a change?
It's simple: you want to have official events that allow your local language, go get some people who speak it join staff.

This thread is so dumb, oh my. It's been stated hundreds of times by now that GKs, GMs, ES or any future event-focused staff group need to keep their event servers properly maintained. If there are people spamming chat with language hosters don't understand and thus can't properly moderate - you're going to be advised to take it to whispers or chat in English because that's the most common language. You disobey - you get a mute / kick / ban.
Event Squad's job is to make events that everyone can enjoy, not only a specific minority group of users. If you can't discuss things in a language everyone can understand, go find yourself a private room or use whispers. There's discord, too, as well as thousands of other programs you can use to communicate privately with nobody trying to moderate things you're saying.
sir burzhuy loh

Okay, we cant find a middle. This game goes wrong.