Toribash
i think they should put the ads on the servers that arent clan servers.
since you have to pay 50k now to get a server for you clan. i think that that clan should be able to put their own logo on the floor of their server
What are they doing with the money? Lets make this simple shall we:
  • Hampa (and the other admins and developers) have to eat, they have to have a house, they have to pay bills.
  • You think servers cost nothing? I have my own dedicated server which is not as powerfull as the Nabi servers (both of them). My server on it's own costs Ѓ58 (us$114) per month - the Nabi servers WILL cost more.
  • Paying through PayPal or OneBip? They take a slice of the money. OneBip takes over 50% of the money paid!
  • More money is needed for development. e.g. The Wii version. A Wii development platform on its own costs at least us$2000 (I dont have the exact figure on hand).
You think that everyone pays money to play Toribash? It is a free game, it costs a lot to run the servers and it costs money for further development.

Advertising is another way to get money. Don't want advertisements in your personal clan server? Buy advertising space and put a blank advert there, or even better, your clan logo!

When I was a developer for Toribash, I saw test "adverts" on floors, the code itself has been there for almost a year! When playing over them, they did not cause any problems, and you only noticed them if you were not focusing on the game!
Last edited by SlainVeteran; Feb 7, 2008 at 05:08 PM.
I has a flavour
hmm, well, drawings on the floor could look great.
And I like the idea that there could be more money and thus accelerated developement.
I do have to state tho, that like in many other games those, who voluntarily choose to support the game would be rid of the advertisements, in this case toribooster=support.

Thank you
my opinion is that ads on the forum is great.
nabi deserves all the money.
ads ingame, not a good idea.
that would be a reason for players to leave.
when i play a game and sees ads ingame i think: yuk.
Originally Posted by DesertPunk View Post
look out for walruses!

I'd personally prefer ads in the game menus or before the game starts up(or closes down) and such, but the floors sound like they could be kinda annoying. Or make floor ads, but make it possible to disable them in an obscure way most new players won't find.
~~sig\~music~/sig~~
Originally Posted by The_Legendary_Ninja View Post
I keep thinking I have a PM.

Me too

slainveteran is experienced with it and says you don't notice them. That's satisfying me.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
ads on the floor sound cool, better than a blank one if they don't disturb the blood effects and the reflex they would be the best way to adverstise, would make the game even more realistic.
maybe if they're light or partially transparent.
although live sports don't have ads on the floor, they do have ads on walls around the floor.
Maybe instead of a big square ground ad, they do 4 banners on the edges of a square area.