Toribash
It is human nature to be afraid of things that are different. From the beginning of time all races have tried to subjugate the ones that have different color skin, speak a different language, or have a different culture. Look at the Old British Empire and the rise of Colonial America. Both were founded on the more technologically advanced race deciding they were superior and conquering the weaker races (India, Native Americans, etc...)

Humans will always have a fear of that which is different from what they know, but I think that as a species we are becoming more and more accepting of differences, so long as they aren't deemed evil by us, like slavery is.
Back to sexism,
Since nearly 1.2 BILLION people play games now-a-day
according to Info.
The stats show how close men and women play,and from personal experience
men seem to try to impress or give women special privileges.
So thats alot of people who play online and I can say alot of those guys do give women special privileges.
Which decreases sexism a bit more.
I said CROOK UP
Originally Posted by frandavi View Post
Back to sexism,
Since nearly 1.2 BILLION people play games now-a-day
according to Info.
The stats show how close men and women play,and from personal experience
men seem to try to impress or give women special privileges.
So thats alot of people who play online and I can say alot of those guys do give women special privileges.
Which decreases sexism a bit more.

Well I wouldn't as far to say that it decreases sexism. I think that would be just another type of sexism. Men and women have the same advantages and disadvantages in a videogame. It's usually different than real life.

I don't think it's really all as black and white as your putting it if you look at the details. I doubt many men or women think the same about each as they do in a videogame. I personally respect women far more in real life because there isn't really too much to compare in a videogame. Some may think far less. Let's face it, video games aren't all like sowrd art online(real).
Last edited by Link; Feb 17, 2015 at 05:29 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
You need to keep in mind that the whole 45% of gamers are women, is total bullshit. That includes people who play Angry Birds on their iPhones, not on their computers, in which case they never come in contact with men through multiplayer games.
(BTW,when I said it decreases sexism I meant against women.)
KYURE-As the study said 700,000 of the 1.2 billion is online so you can't say 700,000 of them are guys.

Do you think sexism will one day be directed towards men?
Or will it always be women,that take discrimination?
Last edited by frandavi; Feb 17, 2015 at 03:29 PM.
I said CROOK UP
I don't think sexism is something that is "decreased" quite like that. I believe that it is just a different form of sexism. Correct me if im wrong, but you don't go around, seeing people and treating them like they do, forsay inside a videogame. It's just entirely different to me.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
So sexism will always exist,but do you think it
will one day be towards men?
I said CROOK UP
If men are discrimated or the subject of prejudice, then yeah, that'd be sexist against men.
No, but do you think it would be at all possible for this to happen? Throughout history man has been the "discriminator" and women have been the "discriminated".
Last edited by Zelda; Feb 17, 2015 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Learn grammar
I said CROOK UP
Sexism against men exists and has existed in history. I/Ele will have to close this thread if it degenerates into you asking silly questions.
Good morning sweet princess