Toribash
I dont really like the faq.php because of the search engine limitations. When searching for the question the nomenclature used by the individual searching for the thing they want to learn might be different from the one used in the database. In contrast if the one made by Twilight is used people can get somewhat of an idea what they are looking for and if they dont get the relevant information they need they might pop a pm asking for more specific information.

In my opinion if the php doesnt use a bioinformatics marking grid and correlates most asked questions with question referring to the same subject but use different nomenclature then it will be worse than the forum based one.

The best solution would be a php that is more domain specific. For example if you can yse the php but is limited each time to the aspect you are asking about be it ingame, forum based or account based.
CREAM ON !
Using denser language does not help validate your point and also makes it less likely for your actual message to be conveyed.

Not only that but you didn't mean to use the word bioinformatics.

Salvaging what I can from what you just said:
  1. You think directory supported forum-based is better since a user might want to know about something but it isn't called what he thinks its called in our FAQ - the current system has our wording displayed in a list so someone browsing who might be looking for 'bigger avatar' will be able to see our relevant page and find the information faster.

But clearly that's wrong - 'bigger avatar' does not appear anywhere in the directory. The relevant page is 'ToriPrime and VIP'. Now the user has to go ask #support about it and be directed manually. Worse, he might be told wrong information by unofficial sources. faq.php does this better because when I type 'bigger avatar' I get all pages which discuss this:

http://forum.toribash.com/faq.php?s=...l&titlesonly=0

As it turns out, TP/VIP are the results returned which is exactly correct.
  2. From what I can tell, your last point is that faq.php is not organised by domain as effectively. That is: there aren't clear sections to it such as 'Ingame', 'Forum' etc.

However this is, again, clearly wrong. Just because we haven't reworked the sections yet, doesn't mean they aren't able to be created. Even now before any rework faq.php is split into sections: http://forum.toribash.com/faq.php
Not sure exactly how you imagine the php FAQ to work. Will there be links to relative threads?

For example, If i am looking at safetrades in the php FAQ, will you link me to this?
My way or no way, totalatarian.
Wow mr fear you are pretty brutal... And yes I meant to use bioinformatics as a reference
to the matching of the search word with the matching option. Eg if the search word used is not correct will the engine connect it to the result the person wanted?

For the sections I would just like to propose for the search in to be more divided. Eg if a person asks about colour change ( so broader subjects) to be able to selected more specific in the search in tab
CREAM ON !
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Not sure exactly how you imagine the php FAQ to work. Will there be links to relative threads?

For example, If i am looking at safetrades in the php FAQ, will you link me to this?

move around faq.php to see how the information is laid out

I think you're asking if faq.php will link to threads? If so, no (usually - stickied threads in boards such as rules will likely stay as threads). The idea is to move thread information into faq.php
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
move around faq.php to see how the information is laid out

I think you're asking if faq.php will link to threads? If so, no (usually - stickied threads in boards such as rules will likely stay as threads). The idea is to move thread information into faq.php

Okay, in that case, I think the forum FAQ is better because users can see questions other users asked as well as what users are experts in a specific topic if they need to PM someone for extra help. It's just overall more interactive making it easier for someone to get help.
My way or no way, totalatarian.