Ranking
Original Post
Forums Visual Overhaul
Hi, we're currently working on visual overhaul for forums and would like to gather some of your thoughts / showcase what we've got so far.
This thread (and this post in particular) will be receiving updates as we add more stuff.

You can also try it yourself by enabling "Modern" forum skin in User CP options: https://forum.toribash.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Base theme will be dark but we'll also be making a light one based on it once it's finished.
You'll still be able to use current default styling (forums only) if you wish.

Some misc info:
- New visuals are built with Bootstrap.
- All pages scale accordingly to your device screen size. On some pages, that would also hide less important information for devices with smaller screens (see screenshots below).
- Fonts we use are Roboto, Roboto Condensed for top navigation and Badaboom.
- We want to bring back post voting/rating system.
- Search is now available for all users who can make posts.
- Social groups and Competitions modules have been disabled due to their redundancy.

Forum Home

Board view

Thread view

Member.php

User CP

Some details on breadcrumbs:
Breadcrumbs (top dark bar with "Toribash Community / Toribash / ..." text) is always visible and will stick to top of your screen both in desktop and mobile mode. In mobile, it's also used to hold a button to open main navigation menu.
Quick search will search for threads or posts within forum section, board or thread you're currently viewing. For example, searching "Overhaul" from forum home, News board and this thread will give you three different results. If you want to apply custom search settings, choose "Advanced search" option from the right breadcrumbs dropdown menu. When viewing user's page (member.php), it will search for the user under specified name.
Last edited by sir; Sep 26, 2019 at 01:11 PM.
Ive thought the site needed an update for a while.

It'll look especially good with the light theme once its finished :-)
Toribash? completed it mate

About time we get an updated forum. I just hope it's easy to navigate, unlike the new TB client
It's looking quite good, looking forward to see the light theme aswell. Are you going to keep the same profile/post customization that we currently have?

Have you thought about coloring the links with a different colors? As they are right now
I don't like it, because I'm used to seeing this one. It's been fine for 10 years. No rating system return please, we had it before and it does nothing for the quality of posts. If we can choose to keep the old one that is great.
heyy, that's pretty good
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
Too little too late......But what can I say. It'll do.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Yall Got The Whole HTML Fucked Up
Last edited by daraper87; May 25, 2019 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Had 2 Make It Legible After Staff Guy Wit Cool Tatsumaki Pfp Hit A Stain On My Text
megastron vs spiderman