Ranking
Original Post
Local kid + fire
Figured I'd bring some local news in for discussion:
(local as in it happened a few hundred meters from my house)

http://www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/new...rPath=/1.60007

Sadly the article is fairly dilute (and goes off topic >_> ) but I'll sum it up.

On Saturday a bunch of kids started a fire on my estate, and one of them is now fighting for his life after getting severely burned from it. I do have to point out that this was in the middle of the day, and the boy's 9.
They've managed to keep how fucked he is from this out the paper, basically he'll be lucky if he lives.

Personally I blame the parents, no one seems to look after their children any more - instead leaving them to do whatever they like.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
"I blame the parents, no one seems to look after their children any more - instead leaving them to do whatever they like. "

'bout sums it up bro... no one cares anymore.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
yee ok but how the HELL did the boy get up the fire? i mean wtf did the parents give him a lighter or what? Realy stup*d parents :l
regardless of how he got a hold of combustibles, it looks like the field was dry as it was and probably went up like paper all around him...

Parents dont have to give him squat, they just have to carelessly leave it out within his reach.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
and the boy's 9.

If he was about 13, I could understand that the parents didn't notice it and trust him, but how could they let the 9 years old child play with fire?
Originally Posted by gerFight View Post
If he was about 13, I could understand that the parents didn't notice it, but how could they let the 9 years old child play alone with fire?

The same way people let their kids go to town on their own, and that's a 3 mile walk. Lack of caring = a generation fucked.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
It's still quite rare that this kind of things happen when you let your children go outside with their friends.
I have no experience from parenting, but I still think it's good to allow your children to go play outside with someone else than just parents.
...They can't stick with their parents all the time.
And they're school age already.

But well... It's really rare that this kind of things happen when you let your children go outside. Most of the time when kids get any kind of injuries, they're just minor.

I wouldn't go blaming the parents immediately.

Even though I agree that nowadays way too many parents think no disciplining is the way to go. It's annoying to see parents in a mall that don't stop their kiddos crash all the plates.
Having order makes makes them learn something...
they should know where the hell he is most times.
9 year olds dont need independence yet!
and they shouldnt play with fire. no one should.
<3
Kid was either unlucky or stupid to stand that close. Or both.

When i was little me and my friends played on construction sites, started fires with tar, made glass shrapnel and smoke grenades out of various chemicals, and all that other fun stuff kids in 90's Russia did