Ranking
Original Post
Klaw-Competitive
KLAW, an acronym representing Karate, Lenshu, Aikido, and Wrestling

"The mod was inspired by the Team Aikido Knowledge Board and real life martial arts such as Judo, Muay Thai, Brazilan Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, etc. to incentivise more players to stray away from shoveling and lifting tactics that are looked down upon in Aikido. The changes that have been made are as followed."

-Gravity: has been increased from -30.00 to -38.00 to give players a more grounded fight incentivizing the use of a good base. this also makes it harder (not-impossible) for players to be kick-lifted or shoveled outside the dojo. allowing players to have a more tactile fight.

-Engage distance: Has been slightly increased from 90 to 95 to force players to create new openers. And innovate new ways of taking down their opponents. Not just copy and paste their old moves from AikidoBigDojo, Lenshu, or any of the other corresponding mods.

-DQ timeout:DQ Timeout has several reasons from being implemented. For example, with increased gravity and weight, its much easier to put your weight onto your opponent, pinning them to the mat (ring, box, square, whatever you may call it) and getting a DQ, and by adding DQ Timeout, players have more ways to escape a DQ to boost and encourage more grounded play when both or one players are tripoding(bridge) for instance.

-Grappling Mechanic: The KLAW grabbing mechanic was inspired by one of fl0w's and Team Aikido's pioneers, "snake", created the Aikido7.tbm mod. Sticky grabs will only work on hands, wrists, triceps, and elbows, if you attempt to sticky grab anywhere else it simply will not stick. This constitutes for players not being able to leg grab opponents, as leg grabbing techniques are considered banned techniques in modern Judo, but there are several work arounds for players who enjoy the wrestling aspect. You can leg grab opponents by using the no grab-grappling method simply wrapping your arm around the desired body part or you can wrap your arms around the desired body part and grab your own hands together for instance, and many other scenarios where other styles of grappling where the legs are being grappled can be enjoyed.

-Rotating grab mode: has made lifting/shoveling significantly harder.

Clips

Last edited by Revy; Nov 16, 2023 at 04:30 AM.
I reciprocate the sentiments.
I like the mod and the concept. I feel like there is a lack of DMs though, striking on the way down can often be the only thing that saves you from being laid on but it just isn't effective at all. I think the higher grab works with the higher dm threshold currently to make the joints strong (I think?) Maybe a test version with lower thresholds to see how it plays would be nice.
great mod ! abd without the bs of abd

set this as public room
Why would humans have arms when they do have legs?
i'd like to see it in ranked
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.