Toribash
Original Post
Boo, Java, and C Sharp
Hey guys! I know you people never see me around here, but I do in fact have a high interest in 3 programming languages:

Java -
Priority Level (To Me): 8 or 9.
Challenge Range: Beginner to Expert
Other languages that would help (With this and what this helps with): As2/As3
Why I wan't to learn: 3D programming, better understanding of 2D programming languages.

C Sharp -
Priority Level (To Me): 4, 5, or 6.
Challenge Range: Novice to Expert
Other languages that would help (With this and what this helps with): C, C+, C++, Other Languages based around C.
Why I wan't to learn: 3D programming, better understanding of other languages, application programming.

Boo -
Priority Level (To Me): 1. Maybe 2.
Challenge Range: Pro to Expert (As I understand it to be)
Other languages that would help (With this and what this helps with): N/A?
Why I wan't to learn: 3D Programming with Unity.

Anybody know good sites for learning these? Not so much worried about Boo, as I only want that for Unity, which I can just use Java or C Sharp for anyways.

Also, a personal teacher would be even better, if anyone has the time.

Thanks
~Tubba
Tubby Tubba's Tubby Textures!
Cheap, Decent Cartoon Heads!
Unity uses javascript, not java. I would just say to google tutorials and learn that shit. Shouldn't be too hard if you put enough effort into it.
Java and C++ are from the same family, and are quite similar (YMMV).

I would advise learning something like Python or C first (yes they are not similar, but I mean, learning either will help you out). Sounds like C is a good choice for you.

Then you can go on to others in the same family, Java and C++.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
C versus C++ versus C#.

Not sure if there's any real reason left to use C besides specialty legacy code. Correct me if I'm wrong. C++ more or less supercedes it entirely.

I know there are several differences between C++ and C#, but having never really used or explored the latter, I can't tell you rightly what they are.

I'd personally recommend exploring either C++, C#, Python, or PHP. I know in my particular case that I was overwhelmed learning C++ until I started exploring the C family of languages with PHP. PHP is a rather specialty language, I'd say, given that it's made for web development and is a very different overall paradigm than C++, but the overall syntax, the learning how to troubleshoot, everything along those lines made C++ a far easier language to learn when I actually got around to doing it properly.

Don't expect C++ to be easy though. It's certainly easier than ASM, but that doesn't mean much in the long run.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
C is better to learn than C++. If you learn C++ then you will miss out on a lot f the very low level micro-managing that you have to do in C. If you learn C++ first then you will find it very difficult to learn some aspects of C, whereas if you learn C first, then learning C++ is easy, and you will feel really happy about it

Similar situation switching from C++ to C#. Of course, all the C family share such a close syntax that learning any off each other is so easy.

Best way to learn, in my opinion, would be C->C++->Java->C#. That way you not only go from low level to high level, but you gain more powerful tools along the way.

I guess this question really comes down to philosophy, there is no real reason to use C in modern programming, for low level you would use C++, and for higher level you would use C#. I mean, you don't really even need to learn C++. But C++ has a lot of important aspects that will help you later.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."