Ranking
Original Post
Add colors to the Toribash in-game chat
I remember 5 years ago (on a different account) that we were able to recolor our comments in chat with like ^ and any two numbers.

I don't know why it's removed now (so let's call it a "Please Re-Add") , I mean...it really was a cool addon...plus, it still works on /desc /motd /cp /em /sh etc...so why isn't it on normal chat? I find it useful because it sort of gives players potential. Instead of reading old boring black text we can change it into whatever color we want.

P.S.: I looked at the Merged Thread 3 times already now and I can't find this suggestion in there.
P.P.S.: #FREE_THE_COLORS
What's the difference between us? Let's start at the penis.
Due to people abusing it or overusing it, that's why it was removed and I doubt it'll make a comeback.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
Originally Posted by Kikipro View Post
Due to people abusing it or overusing it, that's why it was removed and I doubt it'll make a comeback.

How can it be abused? It's just harmless colours in a chat? And spamming with colours make no difference when spamming in black.
It was just another form of spam that had no real purpose.

You can still use color some server customizing options such as the /desc and /motd commands, but in chat it is no longer there and probably won't ever return.
Originally Posted by Slaughterised View Post
How can it be abused? It's just harmless colours in a chat? And spamming with colours make no difference when spamming in black.

Yes it does. It's 10x more annoying. Colors call much more attention

I hope this doesn't come back. People were abusing it too hard, using it for useless reasons.

People used to impersonate staff with this

They would leave a line of text and then type a staff member's name and something they written
Something like this:

[Origin]Nagato9757: Hampa is d real deal!
[MAD]Hampa: I am d real deal!!

Obviously there will he different colours. Hampa's name can be changed to the red that admins get with the ^ command

In the end, not supported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
It's too spammy and annoying. It would be over used way too much and make it harder to read.

No thanks.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."

believe it or not, the colors encouraged people to spam because well... there was color, it was different to normal spam. Color caught your eye thus making it a whole new level to spam.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
As aforementioned, there were issues with staff impersonation, but some even faked bets which lead to dire scenarios.

Colored text should be left for server customization and anything set by the TB engine, there's no use for it otherwise.
BAD LUCK