ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Slight Changes for Textures
My suggestion is to allow body textures to be transparent so you can see the colour of the gradient under it.

Joint textures are more like tattoos, they show over the colour of the joint. However, body textures don't do this. By making body textures "tattoos", you would be able to see the gradient colour under it. This would work really well with Pure colours, as pure is whiter than the normal white, so this way you dont have slightly greyed textures with the Pure force.

This would also help people who make textures to fit different sets, as instead of making multiple texture files with different colours, you can have one set with see-through parts in order to see the gradient underneath. While this may not be the best way to save Tc, it will help free some space on computers, and reduce clutter.
I don't think I need to state why this is a bad idea but if the textures are transparent you wont see them
now if you meant translucent.... its still a bad idea, everything would look really bad and it requires a bunch of unneeded scripts n stuff and I'm pretty sure you can do something like this by lowering the opacity of the image.'

Not Supported
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I don't think I need to state why this is a bad idea but if the textures are transparent you wont see them
now if you meant translucent.... its still a bad idea, everything would look really bad and it requires a bunch of unneeded scripts n stuff and I'm pretty sure you can do something like this by lowering the opacity of the image.'

Not Supported

That's not what I meant
I meant that IF you made a texture transparent, you would see the body part under it, rather that it just being black.
For instance, if you had marine gradients, and you had a black and transparent texture, the blue would show through the transparent parts.
This is already how it works with Joint Textures

Invisible textures are a bad idea.
You mean you have invisible parts of a texture and the color underneath shows like joints?

Doesn't it already do that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
You mean you have invisible parts of a texture and the color underneath shows like joints?

Doesn't it already do that?

It only does that for joints. It doesnt do it for body parts. It just turns black
It'd have to be a different type of texture item, if we change the current ones to behave like joint textures it'd break the majority of people's current textures

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
It'd have to be a different type of texture item, if we change the current ones to behave like joint textures it'd break the majority of people's current textures

Possibly
If they just allowed transparent textures, then i dont think it would change much.
I dont code, though. So i can't tell you what would happen.
You can just make the part you want ransparent, make a layer under it and add your own gradients. No need for extra things to the texture system.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
You can just make the part you want ransparent, make a layer under it and add your own gradients. No need for extra things to the texture system.

This is more for pure colours, since it's whiter than the normal white.
However, this is very true. It just bothers me that the normal white is darker than Pure.
I think it's just a personal preference, since im an artist, and if something's off, it bothers me.
Last edited by Pixelate; Dec 30, 2015 at 09:58 PM.

thingo

sorry to pop in as i'm not really contributing to the discussion, but @pixelatetori, you can overlay that png ^ onto your art to shade it down to default values compensating for pure. I found it on some Tinerr set thread a while back, so hopefully it helps with your issue
endless around, infinite within. you step.
ripples