Ranking
Original Post
Forum rules reminder
Not quite sure how to word the title, but, I've seen way too many new users/ old users that have just come back to the forum who are oblivious to the rules and don't bother to read them before posting which leads to infractions/warnings. I think when a user makes an account/ first logs onto the forum/ first logs onto the forum in a month should have to go through something like a 'license agreement'/ popup that gives links to all the board rules. So basically just making the user agree to the rules before allowing them onto the forum.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by Skylarrr View Post
Not quite sure how to word the title, but, I've seen way too many new users/ old users that have just come back to the forum who are oblivious to the rules and don't bother to read them before posting which leads to infractions/warnings. I think when a user makes an account/ first logs onto the forum/ first logs onto the forum in a month should have to go through something like a 'license agreement'/ popup that gives links to all the board rules. So basically just making the user agree to the rules before allowing them onto the forum.

You are suggesting something people skim by and agree on just to get rid of it.
-not supported seeing as its additional work and people will probably get mad about it.
h
I knew someone would say that, but, I think it will at least stop a percentage of users making useless threads and posts
Nobody's reads stuff like that i just acedently installed 8 programs on my laptop for that exact reason. This would encourage people to not look at the rules assuming its paper work or something.
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
Well, the way it works is, if you don't read the rules, and you post something stupid, you get infracted. If you do read the rules and do something stupid, you get infracted. In all honesty, you do not need to read the rules because it is all just common sense. It is encouraged that you read the rules so you can get a general understanding of what is going on. People that make an honest mistake usually receive a second chance before receiving an infraction.

In other words, people need to take it upon themselves to read the rules, and if they don't, then they have a chance of screwing up and getting infracted, and that is their fault. Each board has different rules associated with them, and it is important to keep yourself up to date on those rules, or just use plain common sense. I am sorry to say that I do not support this idea, but I am only one person.
A hasbeen like the rest
i disagree with sky (btw hey i haven't seen u for a while :P) cuz in evry board there is a mega thread that determines the rules so its the players fault if he gets infractions/warnings and personally i don't see any problem with peeps getting warnings

(Lotus)|Rogue|zeneto|Nightfur
Well for a game forum for people of all ages, the younger audience may not see what these threads are and simply ignore them since they are not directly infront of them. Basically like a tutorial, teaching you the basics. Your criticisms are fine though since they all have a logical explanation.
I'm pretty sure 90% of us probably just click "Accept" without reading the license.
Bringer of Hell