Ranking
Depends on your budget, but I say post this question at a proper guitar forum :P

I lurk around guitar/bass forums and I often hear the gear nerds going on about:

*looking at the used market, and also
*looking at MIJ Gibson/Fender copies (Greco, Grassroots etc) that have a great reputation on their build quality. There are lots of reviews on a site called harmony central, so they might help. But like someone else said, try them out yourself first before buying.

Here's a few reviews for the greco copy
Greco SG 61 reissue copy

Hope it helped
[A L P H A]
You should buy the one that is linked in my sig. PM me if you wanna work something out about that.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Gumfighter View Post
You should buy the one that is linked in my sig. PM me if you wanna work something out about that.

Are they the ones that come with the duncan designed pups?
[A L P H A]
ya i think so, lemme check the guitar

edit: yes, they do.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ok i have been playing guitar a LOOOOONNNGGG time and i have to tell ya the only 3 things to worry about are:

Pickups:
Demarzio for metalish

Anything else for everything else

The action:
LOWWWW action (strings closer to the guitar) for metalish stuff

Higher action (strings further away from the guitar) for everything else (adjust to liking shops usually do this for like 10 bucks or buy your own truss rod adjuster kit and attempt to fu... i mean fix up your guitar)

A body that YOU feel confortable with:
Dont pick the extravagant metal type guitars you see... those are for stage show off only and they are really uncomfortable.

Explorer bodys are comfortable Sg's are comfortable.

DO NOT i repeat DO NOT get a les paul body unless you buy an actual les paul....

anyways it really doesnt matter what "Kind" you get as long as the pickups and action are good and you like the way the body feels....

dont be mislead by:

"Buy this its made of better wood"

"Buy this its famous"

"buy this it hasmore knobs than that one"

Just buy what you think is comfortable

Music is music is music is music........