Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 3.9 development
Hi,

For those who want to test the alpha releases and follow development of 3.9 I will post updates here:

Here is the first alpha release. This is ONLY the exe file. Put it into your current toribash directory to test.
https://cache.toribash.com/tb-3.9-1.zip

New features I am testing in this build:
- Real time ray tracing - enable it in options. works with GeForce 9800 GT
- Shaders menu (open with ctrl-h)
- Reflective non-shader bodyparts/joints
Last edited by hampa; Mar 25, 2010 at 08:34 AM.

sorry for too big quantify of images, but i think it's needed to be

used script: atmospheres.lua
Average FPS ~10-15
Last edited by TheASSASiN; Apr 15, 2010 at 05:48 PM.
translate.google.com ruulz :D
Originally Posted by MrPoptart View Post
That's quite a shiny tree.

I agree that it looks more wet then like metal or marble.

Mhm, that's the problem with most shaders. You end up looking like there's a layer of glass or slime covering everything.

I've had the best results from Pirate's shaders - particularly the ones he released in a shader pack ages ago. (2008 I think) Not sure why, maybe different light levels? Either way some of them give perfect results, like so:

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
It depends on the world shader you've got turned on. Some look like you say, a few look kinda 'glassy'. The best results I've managed were using Pirate's shaders

Nice & shiny without looking like something has been painted on my tori. It'll look epic when bumps are working again.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Well this tends to happen in the non-beta TB.

It solely depends on the shader you using, so it most likely just painted the horizon(or sky, i forgot which one it does that with)

Just type /lws default.inc (i think)
Originally Posted by evolution6 View Post
is there a way I can get your "glitch" to be my default state? with the black background?

/lws inverted.inc
Works even without shaders.
I've been having some issules with the lag recently. For some reason, when I first got the beta version, it worked flawlessly. But now, these reflections cause unplayable FPS. I have no idea what causes this, but it forced me to move back to 3.8.
Disabling the shaders works since it also removes the reflection. But it looks bad.
Last edited by Feurza; Apr 20, 2010 at 04:51 PM.