Toribash
Original Post
Paint styles
having the option to purchase what your tori looks like, kind of like how you paint cars. and you could buy it in a full set or in parts, so you could have maybe a matte head and a gloss body.
e.g styles:
- gloss
- metallic
- matte
- more that i cant think of right now

these are things that couldn't be done with actual textures since they dont give reflection feedback the way the different styles do.
I don't have images but you should know what these words mean.
will bring the framerate to a hault, nobody on suggestion board appreciates low framerate on a good idea

but in seriousness it sounds like it would cost too much to even comprehend

Not supported (because I dont support you.)
How would this affect framerate any more, reflections are already implemented. Also, they can have an option button like hair, trails and particles already do and will probably only be seen with ray tracing anyway.
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 17, 2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Let's not discuss irrelevant things. For more info look at rule 5 in the rules thread.
Reflections are implemented, but the vast majority of people dont turn them on because it affects framerate for people with bad computers. I havent heard of a trail that slows framerate.

Flat matte sounds ugly on joints anyway
Have you seen any toribash videos lately? All of them have ray tracing on and they're also recording which is a massive performance hit but still manage 30 fps at least. I can run ray tracing on my mac which uses a 256 mb GT 220 and an intel core 2 duo, so there's a fair amount of people who use it.

Whether you like it or not, trails do affect framerate, and it's not up to you to decide what people think looks good or not

Lazors Moderated Message:
If you can't discuss without insulting each other don't discuss at all. Thanks.
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 17, 2014 at 07:50 PM.
I think this idea is brilliant. Being able to have different kinds of color ( because I like metallic and chrome ). This would turn our Toris into cars lol. I thought they could add and option to turn this on or off for people with bad computers.

~ Supported
Bringer of Hell
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Reflections are implemented, but the vast majority of people dont turn them on because it affects framerate for people with bad computers. I havent heard of a trail that slows framerate.

Flat matte sounds ugly on joints anyway

get good computers.
stalling the game because of population of children with zero pay ability can't run it on their old brother's laptop he was about to throw in a trash can, and modem/mobile internet connection is not a valid reason.

this type of customers are useless. they can't pay, and they are not going to. the only reason why they play toribash is simple: thats the only game their shitty laptop/modem can run, other than free flash games.

there is nothing wrong with F2P model in toribash, since you pay to look good.
but keeping the game to look like a horrible proof of concept / dev build is not.
Im ok with that how toribash looks now. For playing with fun thats enuogh. Also TB community too small for give up on all these who have poor hardware. If this will be able to turnoff like reflections now it can be nice. But anyway there many other things that more necessary for spend dev's time on them.

~Not sure.
we have people who are getting paid for marketing, thats their job to find ways to bring new people in, not our concern.
hint: steam