ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Shiggy View Post
Yeah, vid one was pretty shitty, I wont lie. I just needed to somehow set up the story, and a crappy episode was the way. It was problematic because I basically had to record 3 minutes of me talking to myself.

Maybe I was a bit harsh, maybe I'm a bit drunk right now? lol

Either way I made a similar mistake with a michinima I did (no mentioning it's name due to how diabolical the first half of it it was)

The best way to keep people's interest is either with jokes or constant action. As you've currently not displayed a whole lot of action you need to concentrat on the humour aspect.

Failing that (and a possible lack of graphical prowess - no accusations or assumptions made) nab a copy of Particle Illusion (or a similar product) and use it to add some action. You'll be surprised at the difference a bit of gore will make.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Episode 3. I find it to be worse than #2, but you can decide. Yeah, my voice acting was pretty terrible this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxfG5yzAvsE
- We're arguing for the sake of arguing -
Nabi is smart- we can't quote people's moments of stupidity in our sigs.
Episode 4. Watch, rate, comment, flame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD-SwNhB4I8
Nyeeeehhhhhh. Mario 3 doesn't count as a game engine. I give you points for getting a ROM and recording program. Unless you used a camera/TV and did it seamlessly.

And about the talking to yourself, did you have a script? Or even an idea for a story?

And swearing is only funny if it's used correctly. "OMIGOD FUCKING THIS IS FUCKING NOT WHAT IT FUCKING LOOKS FUCKING LIKE" is just overkill.

More points for actually using two people talking at one time. One at a time is amateur mistake.

Episode 4 was funny though. Overkill swearing is funny sometimes, too.

And music. Silence is golden but gold can weigh you down (Wow that's deep.)
Last edited by Doomwaffle; Sep 2, 2008 at 02:23 AM.
Originally Posted by Doomwaffle View Post
Nyeeeehhhhhh. Mario 3 doesn't count as a game engine. I give you points for getting a ROM and recording program. Unless you used a camera/TV and did it seamlessly.

And about the talking to yourself, did you have a script? Or even an idea for a story?

And swearing is only funny if it's used correctly. "OMIGOD FUCKING THIS IS FUCKING NOT WHAT IT FUCKING LOOKS FUCKING LIKE" is just overkill.

More points for actually using two people talking at one time. One at a time is amateur mistake.

Episode 4 was funny though. Overkill swearing is funny sometimes, too.

And music. Silence is golden but gold can weigh you down (Wow that's deep.)

Em... thanks? I know episode 1 and 3 were sorta mediocre, but I can get past that.