Ranking
Original Post
Buying a cheap Mac
So, I joined the Apple Developers Program for IPhone and started creating a simple app with Flash CS5. It worked fine on my IPod but when I was going to upload it to app store I noticed that a version for the program you have to use to upload it doesn't exist for Windows. Using emulators is against the terms of use or policy or whatever, so I decided to buy a Mac (If nobody has another solution).

I really don't want to spend loads of money on it, I'm okay if the Developers programs work on it. It doesn't need to be extremely powerful or anything. (I just want it to be able to run the IPhone Developer Programs)

So I was wondering if an old Aluminum PowerBook G4 would work fine. Is it working fine or just old stuff that simply doesn't run any modern programs?

Any suggestions on Mac computers are appreciated. Thanks.
if I were you, I would either get an emulator, or go to your local apple distributor. They might be kind enough to upload it for you or something.
Thanks.
I'm afraid they'll somehow notice I used a simulator if I use one (against the rules). Yeah I could try to go to an apple distributor, but I'm planning on doing more apps, so I guess I would kinda annoy them by asking them many times. I also think the Apple Developer Program programs are more powerful than flash for doing iphone applications (please argue). I know flash isn't the fastest car on the road and the Mac programs can obviously only be used on a Mac.

Does anyone know if the Aluminum PowerBook G4 is something to have or just junk?
macs are so expensive in my country T_T... especially the macbooks...
I prefer you look for someone that have a mac to upload the app from...
◕ ‿‿ ◕
Originally Posted by Dodekus View Post
Does anyone know if the Aluminum PowerBook G4 is something to have or just junk?

Your best bet is to buy a Mac Mini. G4s can't not run any of todays programs; especially if they are made by Apple. From what I know, Apple has reached the stage where their developer tools (and most of their other programs) require Leopard or Snow Leopard and any mac with an Intel Processor.

As far as any mac, they are pretty reliable. I have been using them since I was about 5 (born in 93). Not one problem, ever. Yes the price suck....even with student discounts...but they get the job done; especially since I'm a musician.
Happy tori is happy
You have to have a newer one with an intel chip.
My old ibook is sad.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well