ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Official [NO] Mumble is now open to the Toribash Community.
So [NO] has been using a Mumble server for a while now and we're opening it up to the public because we have a few extra slots that aren't being used. If you've got a couple friends and want a free alternative to Skype or Teamspeak to speak on then you're welcome to come by. Before we get into the meat of the details I think we should establish some ground rules, so here we go.

Rules:

#1 Moderation is totally at the discretion of the moderator - while you will not get banned for anything related directly to your Toribash activities you can and will be banned if you prove to be a nuisance on the Mumble.
#2 This Mumble is paid for and maintained by us for our own entertainment - don't expect us to handle anything Toribash related in our off-time, breaking this rule may get you instantly banned.
#3 Donations do have benefits but will not result in you being immune to the rules, just because you give us money doesn't mean you're a special snowflake.
#4 If the Mumble becomes a regular hang-out for you and your friends and we can't afford to increase the member slots we will have to discuss splitting payments or finding you a new home - whilst we'd love to have you our pockets only go so deep, sorry.
#5 Anything goes in Wibbles.

We reserve the right to add, remove or edit any of these rules as we see fit at any point.

Details:

Member slots: 25 (will be upgraded if necessary)
Server: no.mumble.com
Port: 5865

Donations:

The Mumble is completely free to use but should you wish to donate there are a few things we can do as a token of thanks:

Custom private channel - 1 month donation every 6 months.
Additional room for private channel - 1 month donation (permanent).
Name change - 1 month donation.

If you have any questions regarding these benefits feel free to ask.

--

If you have anything you'd like to see improved within the Mumble feel free to make suggestions.
Last edited by Gynx; Feb 7, 2016 at 09:56 PM.
collect snots from the nose
Noice, I like mumble.
New PC should be soon so I'll pop in and see what's what and what not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by meow View Post
Noice, I like mumble.
New PC should be soon so I'll pop in and see what's what and what not.

sounds good, look forward to seeing some new faces around the mumble.

to anyone reading this: off the top of my head, there are at least 8 or 9 channels available for any of you to join at any given time as well as an afk channel that you can move to where everyone is perma-suppressed (unable to speak or type). there is also a bigger section that only authorized users can access which is generally where most of the more frequent members hang about which means that you won't have to deal with not having enough channels for everyone or joining into the mumble and not having any privacy. this being said, if any of you have any suggestions for more permanent channels inside the un-authorized sections or anything like that, feel free to let any of us know and we will consider it. gynx completed re-worked the mumble to make this whole thing easier for everyone and we could probably use some outside opinions on what could be fixed or added to make it better.

anyway, feel free to come hang out, invite your friends, etc. it's much better and feasible than skype (in our opinion) and we're happy to have anyone hanging out.

also forgot to mention but you guys should be able to create temporary channels (deleted when left) in the toribash and wibbles area (maybe not the toribash area) without being authorized, so have fun.

also also, if you're worried about inviting someone to the mumble who isn't from toribash or something, don't even bother asking one of us, let him in! as long as you guys stick to the rules (which are pretty lenient) that gynx has posted, you'll be fine. there should be enough rooms for you guys to do your own thing and you should be able to create your own room as well if i'm correct. also, if you're in a private channel (self-made, should be noted that it's private), and someone randomly joins and starts pestering you guys, feel free to let me (or any other authd user online at the time) know and we'll take care of it. anyone is allowed to join any of the un-authd channels, so if you're just trying to get someone out of a more public channel because you don't like them, maybe it's best to move to another channel.

if you do plan to have a large amount of people at any given time (say you're hosting a tournament or playing video games with a lot of people), let us know beforehand or during the event so we can make sure there is enough room in the mumble for it to happen (for times like these, i wouldn't mind giving you guys your own private temp channel under the authorized area for a bit so no one can join and start being an ass hole, just realize that if this does happen and someone accidentally disconnects or leaves the channel, a moderator or above will have to move them back in, so be careful). sometimes if you're hosting events or doing something with groups with upwards of 10 people or more, skype might be the better option unless you're willing to help us pay for a bigger mumble ($20 per month for a 50-slot). we had some awesome street fighter tournaments late last year in the mumble and mumble was really the reason why we had so much fun and plan on doing tournaments for the upcoming street fighter game in the future. anyway, if you're going to be constantly hosting these events or having a ton of people join on a more consistent basis, we would realistically need assistance in purchasing a larger mumble. again: anyone can join the mumble, you don't have to ask us beforehand if your friend isn't from toribash or something.
Last edited by Faint; Aug 10, 2015 at 10:20 AM.
Originally Posted by desu View Post
so is it a text thing or voice chat?

Both. You can choose to use either.

Originally Posted by Chirs View Post
No but seriously, why?

Because we can I guess? We used to have it be exclusive to only us etc. but as time went on we got more and more relaxed with people joining it. It's actually kind of cool to get to know Toribash people outside of the Community bubble and we have the means to do it, so why not?

EDIT: Moved to Off-Topic.
Last edited by Gynx; Aug 10, 2015 at 02:01 PM.
collect snots from the nose
its something like teamspeak and has the same thing like team speak but its cool anyways , so you can talk to anyone directly without calling him and yea
its still goooooood idea for dueling and stuff like that , like for events and stuff like that .
i like it :3
Here, I can teach you how to be a JOD and to talk like Faint and I. First lesson free, next lesson, ONE BILLJON DOLLeRZ.
Last edited by ed; Aug 10, 2015 at 03:12 PM.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم