Ranking
Go away thiggist.

Also hi this is still a thing, we've had Tim (Tim are you even alive hello?) get a room he's not used yet and one for the [PP] crowd because they need somewhere quiet to make videos that isn't the [NO] quarter because Rai hates people for no reason.

Feel free to come by and shoot the shit in rabble or something, siku might join your channel and say something dumb we can quote over and over and over and over and over and over and

over
collect snots from the nose
I guess you guys are used to Mumble and etc, but to open it for the public isnt Discord a better option?

http://discordapp.com/

It's free, got a max of about 1000 users/server, has mobile apps, and can be used through browser if you're not in the mood of installing the app.

Never used mumble so not sure if those features are enough to make discord superior, I'll visit your server anytime in the future to see how it works tho.
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
It's free

This will likely change in the future when they realize their business plan is unsustainable.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
I guess you guys are used to Mumble and etc, but to open it for the public isnt Discord a better option?

http://discordapp.com/

It's free, got a max of about 1000 users/server, has mobile apps, and can be used through browser if you're not in the mood of installing the app.

Never used mumble so not sure if those features are enough to make discord superior, I'll visit your server anytime in the future to see how it works tho.

Discord is cool actually, in theory there's only good things (outside of opinionated stuff) to consider if we were to use it (free, etc) but since the Mumble's been a thing (couple years now, I think?) we've never had issues with using it. We work on a "if we want to keep it, we'll pay for it" mantra and we've always ended up paying for it amongst ourselves one way or another. If the cost ever becomes an issue we'll likely use something like Discord, though.

Well, that and what Eleeleth said too.
Originally Posted by Eleeleth View Post
This will likely change in the future when they realize their business plan is unsustainable.

Well, I like how they are trying to maintain the app by selling cosmetic only feature, I really hope it could work but I am aware that the chances are minimal if not zero.

Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
Discord is cool actually, in theory there's only good things (outside of opinionated stuff) to consider if we were to use it (free, etc) but since the Mumble's been a thing (couple years now, I think?) we've never had issues with using it. We work on a "if we want to keep it, we'll pay for it" mantra and we've always ended up paying for it amongst ourselves one way or another. If the cost ever becomes an issue we'll likely use something like Discord, though.

Well, that and what Eleeleth said too.

Well, I haven't really stopped to search for US host prices for both Teamspeak and Mumble, so I was basing my opinion on the Brazilian host prices for teamspeak. Now that I've found that you can get a 100 slots mumble server for around 10 usd. It's way cheaper than I expected it to be.

(However it still costs 4 times more around here)
Well, I like how they are trying to maintain the app by selling cosmetic only feature, I really hope it could work but I am aware that the chances are minimal if not zero.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for the guys. Their tech is good shit based on what I've seen/heard. The founder at least has some business sense, but I have a feeling the long-term plan is 'sell the business to someone and let them deal with monetization'.

e: And I wouldn't be keen to migrate an existing userbase over to something only for it to implode. If discord announces a paid plan, or open sources, or anything else that gives me a solid sense that they will be around for a while, I'd argue to switch in a heartbeat.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
Yeah, I know how that might feel, I am actually using discord because its the best free option. The guys I happen to hang out with uses Dolby Axon, which has the best audio I've ever seen, but you need to have people in your friendlist to add them to the server, the server can only have 150 members and 4 rooms, so it's pretty shitty if you have a bigger group that plays different things.

(And for a program that belongs do Dolby, Axon has been a lot of time in beta with no updates, I'd say it's shameful)

I'll stay in your server for a bit and maybe try to drag the evo guys from the skype convo to there, help with the payment and shit. Don't think they'd be up to it, but I might try.
Yeah, I know how that might feel, I am actually using discord because its the best free option. The guys I happen to hang out with uses Dolby Axon, which has the best audio I've ever seen, but you need to have people in your friendlist to add them to the server, the server can only have 150 members and 4 rooms, so it's pretty shitty if you have a bigger group that plays different things.

(And for a program that belongs do Dolby, Axon has been a lot of time in beta with no updates, I'd say it's shameful)

I'll stay in your server for a bit and maybe try to drag the evo guys from the skype convo to there, help with the payment and shit. Don't think they'd be up to it, but I might try.

Really, don't worry about the payment stuff. It's just there to offset the mumble becoming too big to sustain. We had a lot of people in yesterday and we weren't even close to maxing out. That and the fact we're good and paid up until the middle of the year or so.

Honestly, just use the place as if it were your own and/or get to know us when we're in the public channels, we occasionally insult each other which I think hazes newer people but it's pretty much always a joke (if it's not Rai, hi Rai).