Toribash
View Poll Results: Subwoofer or Headphones?
Subwoofer
9 Votes / 60.00%
Headphones
9 Votes / 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Subwoofer or Headphones?
Hello Folks who likes to listen Trap | DnB | Dubstep | or just straight up Bass Stuff :P

I would like to know your Opinion which is Better? A Nice Set of Decent Speakers with a Subwoofer or a Good pair of Headphones ?

Please Explain your Choice!

I would like to know because im asking myself if i should get a good Subwoofer, i like Bass and i like it Deep :P Currently im using Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 and Stuff like this is banging!

Im just unsure if i should Upgrade to Subwoofers because... well theyre Loud like... VERY LOUD... previous Experiences with my old okayish Subwoofers were constant Rattling Sound inside, Walls vibranting which pissed my Parents and overall not that good normal Sound Quality. Was it because i just had bad ones and others are better?
hey flux,
i would say both depending on the occasion,but i personally
prefer a good sound system,got this one on my living room:
http://www.lg.com/ae/audio/lg-BH7540TW

crystal clear sound,perfect bass output for
uk bass type dubstep
As a Bass head, with a 2700W competition subwoofer in my car and and a 600w subwoofer in my room, i'd deffo say subwoofer ;)
i had an enclosure custom built and tuned for my specific bass preferances cost me £110 for the enclosure alone, sub was about £300 and the amp is about £200 door speakers are about £100 and i got some 6x9's in the parcel shelf which are 1200w each and cost me £90. when i turn my car volume up i can make the windows of other cars shake and looking through my mirrors are pretty much impossible as they vibrate so hard that everything is blurred :L Subwoofer is the way forward man you wana buy one, Strong bass activate a part in your brain which releases dopamine, which is a hormone that induces happyness, which is also what drugs such as mdma do. ;) bass is a drug ;)
Last edited by shad666; Mar 5, 2016 at 01:13 PM.
I hardly play games anymore.. sorry to disappoint
headphones tweak you out after a while, subs are definitely the go.
you can't have a party with headphones but subs make for a good time, given the sound guy know what he's doing.
I swear subs can reach new dimensions at festivals
Speakers will always be better, you simply can't get the same size drivers in headphones (lol).
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
True but doesnt it differ in what situation? I mean Headphones :
+Silent for Others
+Bass is directly in your ear (lol)

Speakers:
+Better frequencys then Headphones
+Used on Partys etc.
-Houses be shakin'

and the list goes on....
You dont necessarily want the bass to be only in your ear, it should surround your body and what not.

subwoofer/speaker> everything

gunk is spot on,with a quality sound system placed correctly on your
room,you chill on your sofa centered on the living room,put your favorite tracks and enjoy the show xD

on another note,you might be interested in sound theory,building
some bass traps or diffusers,here's some info:

acoustics

and some links:
http://arqen.com/<-- DIY sound diffusers

http://the-audio-expert.freeforums.net/ <-- lots of info