Toribash
Original Post
TBN Grabs
Because we all know sticky grabs don't look good.
There can be two ways to make good grabs.

Simple
replace sticky hands with closed non-sticky hand
have an open hand item and a closed hand item (which is a square with an opened side, and a hole in it.) and let players switch between the two by clicking on the hands or pressing V

Complex
Let players control several joints with 1 click
There needs to be Parent Joints, and Child Joints. Players control Parent Joints, and Parent Joints control Child Joints. For hands, Parent Joint can be the visible one on the palm of the hand, and the child joints will be invisible and located on the fingers to open and close the hand.
It can have 4 states like normal joints, open ,closed, relaxed, held. or just closed and opened

Either way will also fix the grab glitches
Not sure if this is gonna work? Best way is to give mod makers the ability to choose which type of hands their mod has, Sticky grabs, Simple Grabs, Complex grabs.
Last edited by Mafi; Jan 22, 2019 at 11:36 AM.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
"Simple
replace sticky hands with closed non-sticky hand
have an open hand item and a closed hand item (which is a square with a whole in it) and let players switch between the two by clicking on the hands or pressing V"

"Not sure if this is gonna work? Best way is to give mod makers the ability to choose which type of hands their mod has, Sticky grabs, Simple Grabs, Complex grabs."

I like those, idk about the complex one, maybe in some mods, or change gamerules.
Undead Leader - Item Forger - Left-Handed - DeviantArt - Scorpius
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4476328_4.gif[/SIGPIC]
maybe a most human looking hand with thumb separated, like the Boxing Gloves obj thing

then, when you press V the hands would start closing gradually, not all of sudden. This would be kinda shitty tbh

I liked your idea anyways, I just dont think it's the best of the ideas
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
maybe a most human looking hand with thumb separated, like the Boxing Gloves obj thing

then, when you press V the hands would start closing gradually, not all of sudden. This would be kinda shitty tbh

I liked your idea anyways, I just dont think it's the best of the ideas

Tell us the best ideas then
You just repeated my complex grab with much less explanation.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
I don't have better ideas
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]