Toribash
Original Post
HTOTM Complains and Suggestions
K so, You might find me being rude and saying harsh stuff in this thread
but I feel like it has to be said, and please READ THE WHOLE ORIGINAL POST BEFORE YOU REPLY TO IT

you will think that I am just being a dick because I didn't win the HTOTM but that isn't why I am making this thread

so Staff voting on HTOTM feels a bit rigged since a lot of the artist can be really close friends with staff members and there's no proof which says that you can trust the staff members, and Plus like more than half of them have Zero knowledge about art never did art in their entire life and now they are judging other people's art just doesn't feel right

I honestly feel that chab deserved the 1st place but at the same time his idea wasn't unique or anything he just drew another anime girl wearing a futuristic space helmet while Hagan's idea actually seemed unique
(sorry chab m8 but it just had to be said)

and in the HTOTM Christmas

Chab won because he drew another anime girl but was an elve, simply an anime elve girl
and the style didn't feel right it was not appealing at all and he called it a toymaker
so "look oh he called it a toy maker so it is completely not related to all the other elves it's a unique idea and lets 100% vote for it" ~staff members

Then if you staff member really wanted a not original idea to win you could have voted for ASTRA because his style was much more appealing he had style it looked awesome he did really nice shading and actually spent time on it.

and if you staff members knew anything about art and actually followed the judging rules you would have voted for Ezeth since his idea was completely different had a story the execution was great the head itself looked really cool.

Another thing is that when someone wins the HTOTM the EventSquad member just posts the winners and only says congratz
like seriously maybe commenting on the head and actually telling us why a guy won and what was so special about the head will actually make sense

Also please get someone from ES who actually is active rather than someone who makes an Event and just goes afk and never answers the people never gives any updates and just comes back when the month ends, posts the winners and closes the thread(Rihanna aka Swosh)

Blur actually did well when he hosted the HTOTM he did everything that a good Event Squad member would do.

Let's GET ON THE MAIN PART

I am simply saying that I have so many doubts about staff members and that the won't rig, I have no reason to trust them

so maybe some actual good artists like the legendary artists or maybe just normal artist those who actually have knowledge about art judging the art would make a lot more sense.

Or maybe just open a poll and let the community vote and give us a deadline when the poll will end.

Sorry if you found some stuff harsh
you guys have all the rights to defend your selves.
Last edited by Clint; Apr 9, 2018 at 04:18 PM.
I do believe you were a bit harsh but i agree with you, now i do know legendary artists like chris wont come back from the dead for toribash (trust me ive talked to him) I do believe something should change because Astra no doubt should have won last month, no offense chab im literally trying to buy your head over pms, maybe stricter judges? idk how to fix it but the same head but different themes should change.
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post

so Staff voting on HTOTM feels a bit rigged since a lot of the artist can be really close friends with staff members and there's no proof which says that you can trust the staff members

none of them were my friends and I barely know the whole ES roster.

I honestly feel that chab deserved the 1st place but at the same time his idea wasn't unique or anything he just drew another anime girl wearing a futuristic space helmet while Hagan's idea actually seemed unique
(sorry chab m8 but it just had to be said)

in case you didn't see my reply to KingFrace on the OG htotm thread:

Originally Posted by Chab
I wouldn't even call this anime because this is my first try on semi-realism and I know it didn't turn out the way it should.

^^^ (I also loved Hagan's head but it was only me, him and Destram who put out good heads lol XDDDDD)

and in the HTOTM Christmas

Chab won because he drew another anime girl but was an elve, simply an anime elve girl
and the style didn't feel right it was not appealing at all and he called it a toymaker
so "look oh he called it a toy maker so it is completely not related to all the other elves it's a unique idea and lets 100% vote for it" ~staff members

Then if you staff member really wanted a not original idea to win you could have voted for ASTRA because his style was much more appealing he had style it looked awesome he did really nice shading and actually spent time on it.

so you actually think I do not spend time on my heads? wow. If you can understand, "toymaker" actually has a meaning (sorry if you're too young lol)

If it makes you happy, I won't participate next htotm so maybe you'll get a chance to even be placed in honorable mentions haha
now that's what I was expecting now you're being like you're too good from others and you will win every head texture of the month
and you're saying that you won't participate so I can get a spot in the winners? I already said it is not that I am pissed about I didn't win the HTOTM its just other people's head were better than the one who won.

and if you won't participate in the next HTOTM then I won't participate too, I don't need pity
now that's what I was expecting now you're being like you're too good from others and you will win every head texture of the month
and you're saying that you won't participate so I can get a spot in the winners? I already said it is not that I am pissed about I didn't win the HTOTM its just other people's head were better than the one who won.

and if you won't participate in the next HTOTM then I won't participate too, I don't need pity

didn't say I was too good or how I will win every htotm but if you think that then okay!

to ES:
- lessen voting period
- have an artist to vote on the textures or don't make an htotm
- make prizes worth entering for
- tell us why this specific texture beat the other head textures
ladies, ladies you all dont need to be so rude to each other when you have the same opinions damn. id like to say i agree with chab’s ideas and think they should be implemented into the game
I'd like to remind you that a good portion of Toribash's active artists are also a part of ES Art team (even though some of them didn't those this time because they were also event participants).
Anyway, pretty sure that ES wouldn't mind help from Toribash's artists when it comes to judging entries - just let them know that you're willing to help.
First of all let me state that I agree with you that these events should be voted on by everyone.

We diverge from that point.

Art is subjective and not objective. Even if one piece of art required more technical skill than another, I may not like it more. In fact what I personally like or dislike is based on a very subjective experience and you may have a quite different experience when encountering the same thing.

Unless the competition is purely technical then there is no need for judges to be artists. Anyone can appreciate or judge art regardless of skill or knowledge. You are not required to understand the details that went into making art in order to be able to know if you like it or not. Most people just need to look.

You have no reason to trust the ES, but do you have any reason to assume that there was any dishonesty? Obviously you disagree with the judges, but that does not indicate that anything unscrupulous has occurred. It seems a bit paranoid for you to assume that others are "cheating" just because you do not agree with them. You are free to assume what you wish, but I would suggest that you not assume the worst without good reason.

I do not agree with you. Other than your words regarding chab's work, you do not seem harsh. If I were chab I would be offended by your words. You do seem like a poor loser, which I find sad as you are a skilled artist and seem to be in general a cool person. We all have our issues though.

I have looked over the last three competitions. I actually agree with them for the most part. If I was the judge, then chab's just another anime heads would still have been the winner.

There is one more thing to consider. Perhaps I am mistaken, but are most ES not volunteers? We might be in a situation that without volunteers there might be no event.