Ranking
Original Post
Upgrade tori control system | IK controls
In my opinion to upgrade tori control system developers should make something work similar to Maya 3d animation but with physics. I just want to say that it would be better to control tori by pulling parts of the body during turns. Watch this video and think about this idea
https://youtu.be/XII9aKbVXrg
Why it will upgrade toribash. You will have more precision. You will be able to have more control of your tori. Will be better to play mods. Just will be easier. You will be able to make more moves. I know it hard to make again tori control system but it will give to you more capabilities. I would like to see this system in toribash. Are you agree with my idea?

Lengthy post from snake

Example from cappuccino
Last edited by sir; Jan 17, 2018 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Uptade
I imagine the chest movement like this:

GIF

It's from a poser app, but you get the idea.
Last edited by MariaVirgine; Feb 18, 2018 at 05:48 PM.
yeah, exactly what i meant!
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Well, I don't really see why you should add this. It makes everything harder and takes more time to adjust. You can't play one single aikido match without taking minutes to figure out the movements in 30 frames.

Also, Toribash isn't meant to have similiar to Maya or other animating software programs. Toribash is meant to press joints, not click and drag. You're basically changing the whole game by doing that x)

For an example people who make spars and parkours, the movements would look really wobble-look-a-like.
Necrobumping Elite Master - ps dont tell Fred
jag såg de där https://gyazo.com/2bb5d1c33d72abf6549b5558c54c9fa8
Miracle, the game isn't meant to be a click to play, the whole point of the game is to to the moves you want and all of that, also, do you remember your first matches? You only could do a couple clicks in 15 seconds, and I'm pretty sure that you can now click all the joints you want in less than that. It's called learning, and the point of this is to make a smoother learning curve, and also expand the end of the curve.
And about the woobly movement, we don't know that, but tell me, all newbie replay makers lack of smoothness, so it's gonna be the same, pros will look good and all.
By doing this you have to take in count that you're defying gravity, removing momentum and simplifying Toribash in general.
While this is an interesting concept, I do not think it belongs here.
Being able to read the ghosts and respond by mixing up the joints in a way to achieve a positive outcome is a skill, this combined with a time limit is what really makes Toribash competitive and unpredictable.
Toribash was never intended to be used in order to create art but now is. Players have mastered the controls and want to create more meaningful content, demos, novels and stories; which have become replay making.
Changing the controls of the toris to this would destroy the purpose of Toribash. You wouldn't need to understand how one moves, you would only need to know what a move looks like, in which case anyone who had seen what a cork looked like would be able to recreate one,
essentially turning this game into a tool to produce content very much like animations.

Mic drop.
Originally Posted by MariaVirgine View Post
Miracle, the game isn't meant to be a click to play, the whole point of the game is to to the moves you want and all of that

Then why did the creators of this game add Joints, instead of click and drag joints? And what do you mean by "The game isn't mean to be a click to play"? That's exactly what you do when you play, lol. (You click on the joints, and then press spacebar when you're finish = click and play)

Also, do you remember your first matches? You only could do a couple clicks in 15 seconds, and I'm pretty sure that you can now click all the joints you want in less than that. It's called learning, and the point of this is to make a smoother learning curve, and also expand the end of the curve

I do remember my first matches. And yes, I do click all the joints in less of that. This is a hard game, you need to be interested to keep on playing, otherwise you'll lack skills. But the problem is that; If you want to have a whole new tori system, that's basically creating a whole new game, which many people disagree to have that system.

And about the woobly movement, we don't know that, but tell me, all newbie replay makers lack of smoothness, so it's gonna be the same, pros will look good and all.

I've been playing this since late 2011, i know the difference already by having an animation where you drag and play, and a click and play function. I can agree that the learning curve will be faster if it's drag and play, but that will just ruin it all with the purpose of this game, wouldn't it?
Personally, I wouldn't think this game would as fun if it was drag and play, because it doesn't add upp the realism with the force you can add in the movements with drag and play. (But that really depends on the creators choice of different forces in the drag of the movements)

And one thing; The biggest different you want is to drag, instead of clicking. You still get the same concept with both of them, except drag is more a lazy style. That's how I see it if it now turned out to happen..

If you really want to play with drag and play, go ahead and do some stickman figures, it's litterly the same concept except it's not 3D x)
Last edited by Miracle11; Feb 20, 2018 at 10:13 PM.
Necrobumping Elite Master - ps dont tell Fred
jag såg de där https://gyazo.com/2bb5d1c33d72abf6549b5558c54c9fa8
Originally Posted by Miracle11 View Post
Then why did the creators of this game add Joints, instead of click and drag joints? And what do you mean by "The game isn't mean to be a click to play"? That's exactly what you do when you play, lol. (You click on the joints, and then press spacebar when you're finish = click and play)

First of all, the game is at it is because it's a 2006 game, and obviously you didn't get the click to play thing, the main point of the game is to emulate any move you want, doesn't matter the controls. You click? Yes, because is one of the 2 ways to move the body (the other being ZXCV buttons), and this whole thread is the point we're talking, it needs to evolve.

I do remember my first matches. And yes, I do click all the joints in less of that. This is a hard game, you need to be interested to keep on playing, otherwise you'll lack skills. But the problem is that; If you want to have a whole new tori system, that's basically creating a whole new game, which many people disagree to have that system.

The "many" people who disagree doesn't counter the people who discovers the game and is disgusted with the controls, but yeah, lets keep this game as it is.

I've been playing this since late 2011, i know the difference already by having an animation where you drag and play, and a click and play function. I can agree that the learning curve will be faster if it's drag and play, but that will just ruin it all with the purpose of this game, wouldn't it?
Personally, I wouldn't think this game would as fun if it was drag and play, because it doesn't add upp the realism with the force you can add in the movements with drag and play. (But that really depends on the creators choice of different forces in the drag of the movements)

And again, you have the purpose of the game wrong, the purpose is Move like you want, not like you can, also, you think the ON/OFF switches are more realistic than a constant move with variable force? There are examples made by cappuccino, go see them.
Interesting concept, but I personally don't agree with it, i don't like the idea of dragging my tori's joints, id prefer clicking fat bubbles and changing their states ;P also imagining it replay-making wise may seem strange to gain momentum and may look stiff but i cant really prove this. I feel that clicking is simple enough, we don't "need" the ability to drag joints, and i dont know how it would be implemented or how friction and stuff would work but if it were to become a thing, it definitely should not be on the Toribash we use now, it should be in Toribash Next or another version. I feel that the only thing we could change about the joints right now is maybe adding a twisting state to the shroulders and hips for a more realistic range of motion. or for hands if too much pressure is added hand grip could ungrip or something but that may be too big of a leap, either way i think the system now is fine.
(●´ω`●)