Ranking
Original Post
Clan Posts
either I've not looked far enough, or nobody has bothered with suggesting this.

My suggestion is simple, make posts in clan boards count towards your total post count, which is shown on your profile.

Reasons:

- Posts count in organization threads and forums
> Organizations are practically clans, I see no reason for posts to count in one over the other, when the two have the same rule regarding post quality
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
2. Regardless of the quality, posts are expected to at least provide some meaningful contribution. While moderation of useless posts in this board is much less strict than others, your thread is designed to be a discussion place for your clan. Using it for mindless spam is not allowed.

Originally Posted by Uric View Post
7. Regardless of the quality, posts are expected to at least provide some meaningful contribution, as your thread exists to provide your org with a medium for discussion. It is not acceptable to use your thread for nothing but smiley spam, for example.

- Posts count in wibbles
> Really?
(not really a strong point as I imagine posts will no longer count in wibbles after a higher up sees this, crossed out)

- Many clans require semi-decent forum activity
> If someone has posted solely in clan boards for the entirety of their time playing TB, their posts will not reflect their activity. I personally look at an applicants activity when they apply for my clan. If their total posts is like 5, and I don't have VIP to check their past posts, I'll likely deny them for not being active enough.
(weaker point as brought up by Nike, crossed out)

- Your post count isn't your true post count
> This is similar to the one above. My post count is 2,600~ish, despite me having hundreds of posts in clan boards. The only boards that posts shouldn't count in are the ones that not everyone has access to, like wibbles and Forum VIP.

- Market posts count towards your total posts
> As of right now, the majority of people with a massive amount of posts were at one point marketers. Why should posts that are typically very short, like counters or offers on a thread count, but posts that usually contribute to some form of discussion not, solely because there could be shitposts in a clan board.

- No incentive to post
> People like numbers. I admit, I'm one of them. People love it when there post count goes up after a post. This isn't everyone, but a lot of people feel this way. When you're posting in your clan board, and your posts aren't going up, you're less likely to post there. As Surge said, this could definitely increase clan forum activity.
(weaker point as pointed out by Erth, crossed out)

If more points are brought up I'll try to edit them into the thread.
Last edited by Jaxon; Feb 11, 2018 at 05:17 AM. Reason: forum activity reason crossed out ; wibbles reason crossed out
Usually in clans and orgs board there is a a lot of shit talk,i guess they’re trying to keep trace only about posts that appear in moderated boards. I’d rather suggest to remove counter on wibbles too.
Originally Posted by Hisoka View Post
Usually in clans and orgs board there is a a lot of shit talk,i guess they’re trying to keep trace only about posts that appear in moderated boards. I’d rather suggest to remove counter on wibbles too.

Posts count in org threads and boards.
I'm just gamin' man
Why you all are so focused on post count anyway.

At the end, I am not supporting this.
Last edited by Trice; Feb 11, 2018 at 04:48 AM.
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
Originally Posted by Nike View Post
Why you all are so focused on post count anyway.

Because this thread is centered around a suggestion regarding post count.

There are many ways to judge one activity besides the post count (One way to judge people is active or not is by observing before accepting). Don't fixate on the post count, in a way that will encourage people to do spam all across the board to be deemed as "active".

One observation I often make is that a user with a very low post count is less likely to be forum active. If that user actually is forum active, but I cannot tell because their "Total Posts" says 5, when they've really posted hundreds of times in their previous clans boards, I'm likely to assume they are not forum active.

As for the encouraging people to spam bit, when I deny an applicant I encourage them to get to know us, total posts is never mentioned. It's simply an observation made during the discussion process.

Anyways, you're right, this is a weaker point. If an applicant proves their activity their post count doesn't matter, crossing it out in the original post.

Would be more appropriate if you suggesting to remove post count in wibbles.

The goal of this thread isn't to remove post count from wibbles. If that happens as a result, great.

If you want to have a clan, you have the responsibility to keep its activity to a certain degree. If you just want to have a group of people to chat with, then just make discord channel and drop your clan status.
Forming a clan and maintaining its activity was never been easy since the beginning of time. As Erth just said, which I completely agree on;

I feel like we're getting too fixated on the clan activity thing, I apologize if I wasn't clear in why I'm suggesting this. Your total posts should reflect your total posts. The fact that posts don't count in clan boards doesn't make sense, especially considering posts count in organization boards and threads.

At the end, I am not supporting this.

In the end, you nitpicked through my points and disregarded the strongest ones. You latched onto clan activity, clan applications, and the wibbles bit, all of which I can agree are not the best reasons.

Let's move this thread more in the direction of Total Posts = Actual Total Posts, rather than "Post count doesn't matter" & Clan Activity. Anything regarding spam can be moderated easily.

If you'd like to discuss clan activity and how the official process might change considering a lot of clans aren't forum active, open up a discussion thread, I'll happily participate in it.

EDIT: I've made one.
Last edited by Jaxon; Feb 11, 2018 at 07:17 AM. Reason: link to discussion thread added
I'm just gamin' man
2 week mark reached, bumping this thread.

Crossed out a few points in the discussion 2 weeks ago, ignore the ones that are crossed out.

Move this thread more in the direction of your total posts should equal your total posts, rather than clan incentive to post, etc.

If organizations are held to the same standard as clans for post quality, posts should count in both.
I'm just gamin' man
I completely agree. if this was removed, was everyone's post count reduced to only non clan posts? If not then currently a lot of us would have high post counts like some of the older players.
Id fully support this, I still don't see a valid reason why it was removed.
"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."—Bryan White
Market posts count right?
And most arent even talking, its negotiation. Not making the forums any richer
Hell some posts are like
Buyer1: 3k
Buyer2: 4k
Seller: 10k?
Buyer1: 5k
Buyer: ..... etc etc

When most clan posts are actual conversations between the forum members.
This is not the right way to take care of spam.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Market posts count right?
And most arent even talking, its negotiation. Not making the forums any richer
Hell some posts are like
Buyer1: 3k
Buyer2: 4k
Seller: 10k?
Buyer1: 5k
Buyer: ..... etc etc

When most clan posts are actual conversations between the forum members.
This is not the right way to take care of spam.

Even if spam was a problem in clan forums, the clan squad can easily moderate it. As far as I can see, the only reason clan posts don't count at the moment is because they haven't for so long.
I'm just gamin' man
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Even if spam was a problem in clan forums, the clan squad can easily moderate it. As far as I can see, the only reason clan posts don't count at the moment is because they haven't for so long.

It will adds one more job to the staff which is not an easy task in my opinion, watching the conversation of one clan is quite boring aswell. I mean they have to maintain their own clan by the quality and also the activity inside and outside of it, also I thought some of them would like to have some privacy like their own secrets and stuffs that most of them didn't really want to talk about or share about it with the staffs.

- Market posts count towards your total posts
> As of right now, the majority of people with a massive amount of posts were at one point marketers. Why should posts that are typically very short, like counters or offers on a thread count, but posts that usually contribute to some form of discussion not, solely because there could be shitposts in a clan board.

Some of the posts are very short, I agree. But it's counted as an important post, why? Because marketeers are having their toricredits in line which is basically the currency here in toribash and I think that's pretty normal if marketeers are only posting about their offer instead of also writing a whole paragraph of the reason behind their offer and things like that.

With that being said, I don't really support this suggestion.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.