ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The report thread
What happens to the user's being reported in a report thread? Are they given a chance to defend themselves before being banned if 'evidence' is against them? Appeals can be hard to get accepted and if that person isn't exactly guilty it isn't fair. I'm asking because I want to open a suggestion thread if this isn't a thing. I noticed person 1 and person 2 were banned for rigging bets, yes person 3 had evidence that leans towards the idea of them rigging but maybe person 3 just took a risk and doesn't want to pay for it, person 1 might have just messed themselves up but is now being banned without chance to say their side. There would be many reasons that could affect performance in this case, but no chance to plead innocene before being banned. And both person 1 and 2 get banned without notice, maybe only person 2 was involved. Well now both players have a ban in their name which could affect their future applications for clans and roles amongst toribash.

Anywho, my question is are ALL users given a chance to defend themselves? In some cases I understand it's obvious what's happening but I don't think we should be assuming players guilty as soon as a staff member sees what's sufficient evidence in their opinion.
Last edited by Kradel; Apr 7, 2016 at 01:23 AM.
blue
pink
I have a feeling that it mostly depends on what staff member deals with you. Seems like most counter evidence belongs in ban appeals.

When I was banned though, I was given a bit of a chance to defend myself. I uh... actually did what I was banned for though, so I can't really attest to whether I would have been treated fairly if I did have counter-evidence.
I see, but if your evidence is somewhere you can only view logged in as you, your transaction history for example, you won't be able to get it through ban appeals. But I doubt that happens often. Though my point is I think all members shouldn't be banned straightaway if they have counter-evidence to offer. They could have like 48h to send it or whatever, as long as they are given the chance.

And it would be nice if all staff had to follow a procedure like in your case, you were given somewhat of a chance. And this mainly applies for the report thread that the public can view, I believe that users are given like 24h to respond in loan scams. Why can't this happen with other reports?

Okay this is starting to sound like a suggestion thread even though it kind of is leading to that. But I'd be interested to know what different staff think because I believe pouffy is correct in saying the personality of the staff member you get will determine how nice they are to you. If this is the case then that's what my suggestions thread will try to remove. This unevenness in how one case would be treated by various staff.
Last edited by Kradel; Apr 7, 2016 at 01:41 AM.
blue
pink
When I was banned a couple months back, Solax came straight to me first to discuss what happened with the guy reporting me, so i'd assume it depends on the staff member handling the case. Most staff give you a chance though, or from what i've seen. Kyure came talk to me ingame when someone reported me in irc.
Yes, I usually tend to ask the person to join IRC, or I find them ingame; but if I can't get in contact with them, I just ban them, and let them appeal in ban appeals (hence the name).
Fair enough on you and solax. I will still make a thread for the staff who may be quick to ban and try to introduce some rules on dealing with public reports. I don't see any of them coming foward here so I will have to rely on the possibility there are a few out there.
blue
pink
I think they get like a warning and if they do it again they get banned for a certain amount of time I guess
<ZENBOY123> "Skip"
<SkipBySkip> "Shit, what have I done now?
Ok well, kradel made the thread that was planned, so I see no reason to keep this up, you can go to the thread and discuss there.
h