Ranking
Original Post
Oldschooler Appreciation video
Haven't posted in here for a while, I forgot about GATA to be honest.

Dave keeps bugging me to make a video to recognize the older replay makers that have been in the community for a long time. Or he wants a video for himself, I wasn't exactly sure. But I'll just stick him with old replay makers.

I'm thinking of making the video in the style of Moop and SkulFuk's old videos. Little/no color correction, transitions that are created when they zoom into the sun, stuff like that. Or scratch that idea completely and just make a video with my style of editing, but with older replays.

I had an idea, but I think it failed.

I have no idea for a good background, making a rising sun kind of idea.
Not sure about the music, but I have some ideas.
Adraen - Gateway
Knife Party - Internet Friends (HeRobust's Run Da Trap Bootleg)

As for replays, Dave said he has some replay threads of his own, and I can search in the old threads of ormo for some replays. I want to find multiplayer replays too, I'll get to that later.
Your songs are wrong. Oldschool videos didn't have that kind of music. They used "real songs". Not so much of dubstep.

Not sure what you were going for with that video preview. but I'd love to see a video made in the same way moop did his videos.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
depends on your definition of oldschooler, seeing as oldschooler is an official title for those who had a cd key from befor 3.0
im not sure dave fits in that category, or belongs with the oldschool players like dafe chezda, chez, rocker0815 etc
unless you arent talking that kind of oldschool and mean the guys from 2009ish

the thing that made moops videos cool was because they were simple and fun, almost comical. no shaders, no effects, just decent camera work, ok replays, funny editing and fun music(reel big fish and other silly ska punk songs).
although when i think about older vid makers, i think more about warcry and bust3r
who both did the fancy shaders, colour correction, effects and funky concepts.

anyway, not the point, keen to see it when theres actually something to see.
the intro thing looks interesting enough, perhaps a little dark to go on the moop route or whatever
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
unless you arent talking that kind of oldschool and mean the guys from 2009ish

^^ Something like this.
I was thinking about 2009 guys and the "old" oldschoolers, i thought it would have been something awesome imo.

Ps: Sorry if i did this post, but I wanted to tell you my opinion about that, no offence
Click here, you'll recieve a cookie
[17:41] <@pusga> i want to cum inside dave