Toribash
Original Post
Mali's Road to Wacom Perfection
Hey there guys, been a long time since I've been here right?
Some of you may remember me, some won't, but all are welcome to give me CnC!

About
Well basically, I bought a new tablet a few weeks ago and I've been messing around with it, getting a feel for it and all that other stuff. I've been using it as a mouse to practice my coordination and obviously as a tool for art. I practiced with it for the better part of two weeks or a (week and a half, I dunno) and made a few "practice" arts, which you guys won't be seeing, since they were beyond horrible and looked like I had autism with parkinson's :|
But anywho, this thread is here as a sort of "private portfolio" to toribash. I'll be posting all of my tablet arts here for 3 reasons:

(1) GATA seems to be increasing (sort of) in Tablet artists and I'd like to get CnC from them specifically
(2) Gata is dying and it needs to be revived
(3)I'm making a return to Toribash and I see this as a perfect way to do it :]

Art

Spetember 2013

Last edited by lilmali97; Sep 4, 2013 at 04:37 AM.
I bought a subscription to Wibbles so I think this quote is necessary,
"Be careful when gazing into the void, for it gazes back"
mali you should take wip pictures and record the actual time. I think 40 minutes is a bit too much time, but I wonder what is it that made it take that long :P Did you trial and error and end up deleting a lot? Did you focus too much on getting perfect lines? Did you just go slowly because no ideas?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Did you trial and error and end up deleting a lot?

Did you focus too much on getting perfect lines?

Did you just go slowly because no ideas?

All of these. I just wanted to try to style, and because I have a slight (self-diagnosed) OCD problem, I kept making my lines as straight as possible. Each line was probably redone about 10-15 times because I felt like they weren't straight enough...

Working on something right now too (After I finish some edits for someone who won't be named ), same style (since this is what I'm most comfortable with honestly)
-----
Update (Also found in the main post with description):
Last edited by lilmali97; Sep 4, 2013 at 04:38 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I bought a subscription to Wibbles so I think this quote is necessary,
"Be careful when gazing into the void, for it gazes back"
Right arm on the bottom left of the second pic is way short man.

Anyways, all it takes is practice. Experimentation is good. Keep stepping out of your comfort zone and you'll get better.