ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
A Big F-ing Gripe.
I made my first clan video by PMing all my clan members, most of which do not have full textures, asking them to send me a zip file containg a full set, which I would copy into their custom folders and record them in full textures for the video.
It appears I can no longer copy textures into a custom folder and use that to record a good looking video of someone who has not bought textures.
This sucks.
That would not be a problem, if not for the other thing.
I can't use an older version to record this video, because downloading has been disabled for older versions, even 3.72. Which means I can't DL the textures of the opponents in the replays.

Please fix this, Nabi. I'm not going to fork out 100k for each clan member who wants full textures in our clan video. I don't think they will either. Because we don't HAVE the TC, because some of us are restricted from buying TC or can't afford to spend it.
infamous
tl;dr: baw I want all my clan to have full textures for free cause we are all cheap.

Seriously, you are playing a game which is free already in general. You dont need textures, that is basically a luxury item. If you or your clan members dont want to give hampa $20 for a full texture set, than that is your fault. Im sure we are lucky it took him till now to actually change the system.
Stop being cheap and try supporting a game you enjoy playing.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
Like I said, what if we can't afford to or can't? There never used to be a problem with it.
infamous
Originally Posted by Mosier View Post
tl;dr: baw I want all my clan to have full textures for free cause we are all cheap.

Seriously, you are playing a game which is free already in general. You dont need textures, that is basically a luxury item. If you or your clan members dont want to give hampa $20 for a full texture set, than that is your fault. Im sure we are lucky it took him till now to actually change the system.
Stop being cheap and try supporting a game you enjoy playing.

You dont need them. All textures do is make you look pretty. They have no gameplay advantage. If you cant afford them, then dont buy them.

Alternatively, if you are good at stuff, there's over 9000 competitions you can go to and win tc in or there's a lot of art requests and shops you can make.
There's so many ways to get tc in this game. If you really suck at everything and you cant make the money via comps, then well... you are shit out of luck, sorry.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
there's over 9000 competitions .

OOooooooovvveerrr NIIIIINNEEEE THOOOOOUSAAAANDDD!!!!!

User infracted. (Useless post.)
Last edited by RedDevil; Jun 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM.
insert sig there

No, he was talking about his problems resulted by the change of the texture folder loading.. Trying out some textures in a clan vid is hardly the same as using them ingame. But yeah, this can still be overcome with a bit of replay file editing.

I'm guessing the larger benefit of this change is that the players cant put up textures he only sees himself while playing if he doesn't have the items and thus has a larger incentive to buy them, not clan videos.

You don't need them. All textures do is make you look pretty. They have no gameplay advantage. If you cant afford them, then dont buy them.

When making a clan video people usually want the players to be individualized somehow and the videos are obviously made to be "pretty", some people might also think that textures are a necessity in clan video montages.

Personally I dont see the need of having full textures at least though, a head texture would be sufficient to make the players seem individual.

Complaints about feature changes if they screw up a project of yours are pretty reasonable IMO, I dont see the use in posting in such an aggressive tone :d

Also, for myself the fact that downloading doesnt work in versions below 3.8 is a problem, 3.8 runs slower for me and some other people.. I wonder if the linux users who only have 3.5 can still download textures? (edit: osx and linux 3.5 can still download textures at least)
Last edited by Zaarock; Jun 30, 2009 at 02:06 AM.
I think Mosiers' problem was with the simple system that toribash is free, but aesthetics cost money. Sure, a vid looks better with textures, but since toribash has been fixed to stop the old way of getting round buying them for things like this, it's a little.. unreasonable to ask the dev. team to "unfix" the game again.

As Zaarock said, head textures are completely adequate. In fact, head textures alone would probably make for a better lookng, cleaner vid, than an array of possible clashing/tasteless texture sets.
Thanks for explaining it well, Chac.
Harl, vids almost always look shitty with people with very few textures. The only exception to this is Noweb's early vids, but that's just because he's great at replays, syncing and editing. I would probably rank it a LOT higher if it had shaders and full textures.
infamous
I personally dont see the problem of having a vid without every person in it having full textures...

Anyway, dont other members of your clan have the same textures as you but in different colours? In my opinion that looks worse than having no textures at all

Also, having expensive items such as textures is a measure of either how much u have contributed to nabi (through boosters), or show how talented at the game you are. If every1 could have textures (even in videos and not in-game) this way, it pretty much ruins the point of tournaments or boosters.

If they cannot afford textures, then there's no point having them, as it ruins what i think the point of textures are. I mean, textures are also to give your tori's originality and individuality, but I think the ability to customise them is not a 'right', its something you should earn.
Last edited by Moop; Jun 30, 2009 at 03:51 PM.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave