Toribash
Original Post
Dismemberment Sounds
Self explanatory, Sounds triggered by dismemberment.
Last edited by Slau; Feb 17, 2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: added prefix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
we already have enough sounds imo instead of working on this they could probably be working on something worth while
other than that in a perfect world where time and work didn't matter why not
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
If they were so so busy with other forum shizz and probably binging on spaghetti, they wouldn't of made this "Suggestions" thread. This seems like a cool change that's achievable. Supported.
I don't know why people have got it into their minds lately that devs prioritize certain work based on their opinions dude its not your job to build the devs' schedules, stick to suggesting decent ideas

in any case, yeah I think this is a fine suggestion. I can't really think of anything wrong with it
Originally Posted by pouffywall View Post
I don't know why people have got it into their minds lately that devs prioritize certain work based on their opinions dude its not your job to build the devs' schedules, stick to suggesting decent ideas

i never said that the prioritize based on opinions but things like the clan rework and other forums bugs take up a lot of the devs time
and I'm saying is devs probably have better things to do that make another in game sound item
if devs took on every idea that is just a oh why not couldn't hurt idea don't you think we would have a lot more stuff? some taking time out of their day to code another sound item just seems irrelevant when there is so much more to do
just my opinion though which is what suggestions and ideas is and last i checked it's not your job to be telling users what they should and shouldn't be saying on this board. priority of a suggestion/idea is a valid argument
(last i checked)
Last edited by Pimp; Apr 27, 2016 at 10:32 PM.
Oh boy, Pimp you're adorable.

Yeah, if devs took on literally every idea in the suggestions board not a lot of substantial stuff would get done (not that a ton is being done to begin with tbh). Which, I imagine, is why it's called the suggestions board and not the "Toribash Devs' to-do list." A place where we can suggest ideas that they discuss and take up on their own initiative. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems moreso like the place to flesh out and develop an idea to the point where a dev or somebody else can stand behind it and form their own opinion about its priority, if they do.

And so its a legitimate argument that you saying that there are better things to do is absolute horse shit. By you (and plenty of other people lately) saying that, you derail the thread and stifle actual discussion about it, and to further discussion I'm telling you that your opinion on priority doesn't matter, and that you and other people should think about actually fleshing out and finding faults in ideas than worry about the devs' time schedule.

C'mon dude.
Originally Posted by pouffywall View Post
Oh boy, Pimp you're adorable.

Yeah, if devs took on literally every idea in the suggestions board not a lot of substantial stuff would get done (not that a ton is being done to begin with tbh). Which, I imagine, is why it's called the suggestions board and not the "Toribash Devs' to-do list." A place where we can suggest ideas that they discuss and take up on their own initiative. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems moreso like the place to flesh out and develop an idea to the point where a dev or somebody else can stand behind it and form their own opinion about its priority, if they do.

And so its a legitimate argument that you saying that there are better things to do is absolute horse shit. By you (and plenty of other people lately) saying that, you derail the thread and stifle actual discussion about it, and to further discussion I'm telling you that your opinion on priority doesn't matter, and that you and other people should think about actually fleshing out and finding faults in ideas than worry about the devs' time schedule.

C'mon dude.

what is there to flesh out on this idea other than can we get someone to actually do this right now?
"in any case, yeah I think this is a fine suggestion. I can't really think of anything wrong with it"
is that what you call developing a idea?
also it's not derailing because it's a actual relevant problem unless you're the one who is willing to do the coding and has the free time. the only discussion to be had here is who has the time to do this there are not faults in the current hit sounds so unless dm aren't a viable trigger (which im sure they are) why would there be any problem with this?
I did for a moment take your comment out of the context of this thread, since, as I've mentioned twice before, this stupid trend has popped up a lot. Sorry about that, since it seems to have confused you :/

That's the beauty of it though, there's no other discussion really to be had here. At all. It's not yours or mine job to worry about what the devs do with their time, or how they as a team decide to implement features. That's up to them, and I'm sure you know absolutely nothing about what they do or don't have time for to begin with!

By all means, using "There are better things the devs could be doing" as an argument should be immediately disregarded, as it does absolutely nothing to help anyone, in every possible situation. All it is capable of doing is shooting down decent ideas that could have been one day implemented, and in some cases, as I've mentioned, derail a thread (hey, look at this one!) and stifle real conversation and discussion about an idea. Again, the priority of implementing certain ideas is completely out of our hands anyway. There's no point in even bringing it up.
here is something there are already dismemberment sounds in the game so what would happen to the old dismemberment sounds? as in if someone did want to hear custom sounds and only the original ones
"the priority of implementing certain ideas is completely out of our hands anyway"
maybe you should make a thread about banning that remark as a reply because currently there is nothing wrong with it
Last edited by Pimp; Apr 28, 2016 at 01:03 AM.
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
here is something there are already dismemberment sounds in the game so what would happen to the old dismemberment sounds? as in if someone did want to hear custom sounds and only the original ones

Setup -> Utils -> Sounds, you can check which ones you want to keep default.

I think there are dismemberment sounds items in the game, just not in the torishop. So might be added at some point.
golf