Toribash
Original Post
[EVENT ideas] - using only striking mods and points
So, yeah, here is the thread for some EVENT ideas that I have, and they don't really need to be accomplished ideas, because they might suck hard since I know so little about striking mods.
I presume (looking at the current striking event) that there are some mods where you get points by hitting some parts of the body, and by having replays those scores are easy to track.
Well, with points and 'competitive play', some events that I had in mind are now possible to do and they might be cool.

In any case, I can write here a pool of ideas and maybe, someday some of them might be interesting enough to get sponsorship from GMs and became real, or we can make them for swag, idk...

Here is one old idea inspired by movie 'Game of death'. Premise is quite simple, fight your way up against more and more harder opponents until you finish all fights (winning or losing them). Important thing is the final score.
Points from all fights are adding up and the winner is the guy who has most.

But, its not that simple. As you can see from the sketch, there is a story behind the event. Players are fighting mod masters on special levels. Going from bottom to top there are six levels to pass.

If you lose a fight, lets say, on level 3. Your points that you manage to collect by that time will be reduced by 3. If you lose a fight at last level (level 6), you will lose 6 points from your pool.

If you win all 3 fights against mod master, you get a bonus - depending on which level you scored that flawless victory. So, if you win all 3 fights on level 5, you get +5 additional points.

If you look at the level cards you can see that each has an image of the mod master, level background, name of the mod that is used and green point marker together with red point marker.
For example, look at the LEVEL 1, called FLOW TEMPLE where players are fighting SMOGARD49. If they manage, during 3 fights, to score 8 or more points they can get bonus card that can help them. On the other hand, if Smogard49 manage to score 6 or more points, they get a penalty card.

Now, these cards have some immediate or permanent effects.

For example:
Permanent bonus card could have this effect: ''Gain 1 additional point for each match you win''
and that card can be in players possession till the end of the event, giving him that bonus, or he can sell that card for, lets say, full Ivory, or something like that...

While immediate effect penalty card can be something like this:
''Give 2 points from your point's pool to any other player, then discard this card''.

Permanent penalty cards can be 'traded' to other players by challenging a player to a duel. Basically, if you want to get rid of the penalty and hinder a progress of some other player, you duel him with intention to transfer that 'cursed' card to his possession. If you win that fight, that penalty card will go into his possession and he can't trade it (stays in his possession till the end of the game). But, if you lose that fight, cards stays in your possession (you can't trade it anymore) and you also lose points by this formula:

Your Point pool - (sum of points your opponent scored during a duel in all 3 fights)

And, that's basically the whole event. It looks simple, but as the fighting progress it can get really interesting because these bonus and penalty cards.

Event can be played as Clan Event, so clans apply and any of their members can play these fights (so, they can choose their best players according to mods). I guess, more that 10 clans would be too much to track, so 10 spots or less.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Aug 31, 2015 at 07:26 PM.
I like the idea ! to resume, if I got it right, it would be some kind of "hotseat" event with one player-master only fighting in its corresponding mod (most likely only fl0wers as masters since I guess that would be a fl0w event ^^), and the challengers would race for points, involving bonus and penalties.

It's cool ! I think the amount of points required for bonuses/penalties should be tweaked to be adapted to the current striking point system, I could explain it to you with more details so you can have an idea of what you want the challengers to accomplish and what how rewarding you want it to be.
Yeah, it needs a calculation of max/min points, I know that. Image is just a crude example.
What about 32 participants have 3 lives.
The first who gets to 50 points wins and gets 1 DP (duelpoint).
The loser just loses 1 life.
If you get decapped, you die (lose all your lives).

i am a bird now - Lil B

Personally, I always think of events as a max 2 weeks challenges.
Long term events lose the audience very fast + ppl tend to lose interest if it drags out.
In some events where the prize is pretty high, its ok to have a rule where you can be thrown out from competition (lose life), but in small ones its kinda bad rule.
Ooh this is for smaller events. Didn't know that.
A hotseat in the mods with threshold where the one with the highest points gets a prize.
Fl0wers can switch if they want.
DQ = - 10 in the second half, - 20 in the first half of the match.
Out of dojo DQ = - 5 in second, - 15 in the first
Decap = +10 bonus
Dm = +5 bonus
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Sep 1, 2015 at 03:05 AM.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Would it not be better to host this as a miniseries as ex, lets say 7 hotseat tournaments, one each day of the week for about 1.5-2h, where the players may collect points in a given way and then hold a playoff at the end for the top 8/4?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
When you host bunch of hotseat tourneys random ppl join every time. In the end you have xyz ppl all with few (same amount of) points, and no winner. Found out this the hard way during the Toriworld - year one event.

It's better when you do an organized duels - mod master vs players and just track points.

On the other hand, it just an idea, it can turn into anything in the end.
The downside I see with organized duels is that the Master must have a lot of free time to be able to duel anyone who wants to duel him for the event, which isn't a problem for me right now, but it is for a lot of us ^^
Fl0w tokens when you get x amount of points (500+)
x amount of tokens is a prize.

That's what we discussed in the [Monk] Events thread.

i am a bird now - Lil B