Ranking
Original Post
Spiderman head WIP 2!
Software: Paint.NET

I got inspired by the new spiderman movie: Spiderman homecoming
And I need ideas on how to make the spiderweb-like lines fancier. I know how the mask looks like in the movie but I won't be able to make an exact copy, ploz help.
The blue circle is just a little guide for me. It will be removed when all lines are made.
(I wanna figure out what to do with those lines before continue making them)

Old wip

New wip

Last edited by Hypersaint; Jul 26, 2017 at 08:32 AM.
wow this actually looks perfectly mapped. Most stuff like this strikes me as pretty junk, but this is turning out great! keep up the good work! but 1 piece of advice: don't shade clumsily or anything, and mantain the clean style... thats what makes the head amazing
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
wow this actually looks perfectly mapped. Most stuff like this strikes me as pretty junk, but this is turning out great! keep up the good work! but 1 piece of advice: don't shade clumsily or anything, and mantain the clean style... thats what makes the head amazing

Yep, I've never seen a properly mapped Spiderman head, the map of this is actually pretty logical when you think about it but it can look confusing at first.
I haven't posted a flat of it to reveal the mapping and I probably never will since it's too easy to replicate the lines if you've got your hands on it.
I tried to stay as true to the movie as possible, especially on the eyes. I'm disappointed of how it looks ingame. It definately looks better as a flat.
I do feel the need to shape a head by using shadows however. I'm not sure if I will since you told me not to. :/
However thanks for the reply, much love.
I won't lie, the think that struck me as the best part of this wasn't the mapping but rather you included the stitching in it and you can see the texture in it perfectly. The eyes are even a different stitch from the rest of the mask. Not much I can say that disappoints me.

Are you going to include some shading to look like a nose? I don't know how in the least it would turn out and I can't quite decide if I personally think it would be a good idea or not.
Knock down da walls wiv big rocks and kill all the men wiv arras. - Lamby
Originally Posted by Nulu View Post
I won't lie, the think that struck me as the best part of this wasn't the mapping but rather you included the stitching in it and you can see the texture in it perfectly. The eyes are even a different stitch from the rest of the mask. Not much I can say that disappoints me.

Are you going to include some shading to look like a nose? I don't know how in the least it would turn out and I can't quite decide if I personally think it would be a good idea or not.

The stitching is a key feature imo, in this case for the red, I used a hexagonal pattern which worked well with the rest of the head. On the white, I used a similar texture but smaller.

Here's an update, it's probably the finished version.

New wip

this looks really cool. are you planning on making this a set or just a head?

also would it be possible to see a watermarked flat
Originally Posted by slicc View Post
this looks really cool. are you planning on making this a set or just a head?

also would it be possible to see a watermarked flat

Originally Posted by julian083 View Post
this is awesome, you should make it a set

Making it a set was the plan from the beginning but I don't really have the time to.
I might sell it as a head or wait a like a month to complete a set and then sell that.
EDIT
I'm not giving out a watermarked flat.