Ranking
Original Post
What Career and What For?
So what do you want to go for a career for when you get older or what career do you do, since I know some people are that age... XD

Also, did you pick that career because you wanted to do something with it for the world? Or just because you enjoy that field of work? Or whatever reason you chose to do it.

I have decided since I was 12-18 that I definitely want to do astronomy/astrophysics, because I want to work to see how the universe works and any it does what it does. ^_^ I have also been inspired by people like Albert Einstein, Steven Hawking, and watching NASA shows on science channel.
can't tell you what career to follow,but i can say what for,
it is really hard to combine something you enjoy with work because work
most of the times is really boring x)

try to find something you are good at and that pays well and keep
your free time for the things you enjoy to do with friends or by yourself.

(got my own office supplies store,please someone save me xP )
Someone save you from what?

Anyways, yeah, someone once said, if you get a job you enjoy, you'll never work a day in you life. So if you mix work with satisfaction. Then you're set for life man. Whatever it is you're going to do, I hope it's okay to day... -_- That's all I can say for people though. XD
Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
Someone save you from what?

save me from the boredom that is office supplies xD

Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
Anyways, yeah, someone once said, if you get a job you enjoy, you'll never work a day in you life. So if you mix work with satisfaction. Then you're set for life man. Whatever it is you're going to do, I hope it's okay to day... -_- That's all I can say for people though. XD

you see,this "if you get a job you enjoy, you'll never work a day in you life"
is not exactly true and il try to explain my reasoning.

the things that i enjoy,i enjoy them because i do them when i want for as much as i want to spend my time in them,
work is not like that,you may have deadlines,you may have a very rude or annoying client,you may have to wake up at working hours etc etc.
Last edited by nikosefs; May 5, 2017 at 01:27 PM.
Having deadlines is whatever, but if you enjoy what you do, you won't care for deadlines, because you'll get it done I'm time anyways. Since you'll not even notice the time line, because you'll be enjoying what you're doing. XD

If clients annoy you, that's life, people will always annoy you, you will have to deal with that. I'm a very sanguine person myself.

What even is it hat you want to pursue though? That's the real question. You never really answer it... Lel...
an example,i enjoy spending time in cubase editing sounds,
but i would hate to do it for others,don't you see the difference?

i mean,if your music sucked i would hate to spend hours to work on it,
the hobby becomes tedious work

now,if i was an epic producer or something and could make a living just by doing my own music,
that would be awesome,but you can't make a living just from that.

as for clients,they don't annoy me just by being,
i actually enjoy to help if they are a good character x)
Last edited by nikosefs; May 5, 2017 at 01:36 PM.
If you would hate to spend hours doing something you enjoy, do you really enjoy it at all? If you enjoy what you're doing, you won't even notice how long it will take, and working on harder projects will only make you better, also, if you open your own business, you fan pick and chose what you do. As a music artist, you can chose who you work for and who works for you. So why not just when you get older and more experienced, open up your own trade if the work? Would be easier for you too, since you can have others work for you. That's just my advice. You can ignore it if you may.
i'm sorry but i am already old,got my house,got my work,got my expenses
to pay,so i need a standard payment xD

office supplies is a good job because the business man will always need his
office supplies,so it pays.

again,i believe that you enjoy what you do because you do it when you want to and for as long as you want,
this is not how work works xD
I'm 17 and I still haven't found anything I could do for my entire life. It's a really hard thing to decide for me, there seems to be nothing that I could enjoy. The only thing so far that interests me is game development.

Apathetic User
You're not "old" I'm sure, because I don't think you're I'm your 60-70s anyways. However, if you want to do usoc work, you still can, but you clearly don't want to, and that's fine, but I mean. Never too late to get what you want out of life, also time to try again. That's a chose to do so though. I'm only 18 and whatnot as I said though, so. I'm still fairly young.
-----
Originally Posted by reimu View Post
I'm 17 and I still haven't found anything I could do for my entire life. It's a really hard thing to decide for me, there seems to be nothing that I could enjoy. The only thing so far that interests me is game development.

I mean that's fine too, You could at least try, it doesn't hurt to try.
Last edited by MrMiyagy; May 5, 2017 at 01:45 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump