Toribash
Originally Posted by shook View Post
@Samurai: Let's be realistic; how many people have access to two mice as well as enough room on their desktop and keyboard to allow two players at once?

What ever, It was just an idea anyway.
Death to all who stand before me!
ClickMe My Business
From what I understood from the first post, you will upgrade your ship after every level, can you repeat levels too?
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Yes, but you won't get extra points if you don't perform better than your last try. So like, you can improve your score, but you can't grind the same level over and over to farm cash and XP. An example: You start out by completing a level with a score of 1700. You decide to try again, and score 2100 this time. In this case, you'll end up with 2100 points from the level, but if you were to try a third time and score 1500, then that is the number that will be used. This also means that you could get in trouble later if you perform badly, but rest assured that the game can be completed by an average player. Near the end of the game, you'd have most available upgrades purchased on an average playthrough, and even more on an exceptionally good one. I'm not aiming towards days of grinding gameplay, but rather an hour or two of smooth and intense gameplay that keeps you on your toes.

According to my calculations, the current levels will take around 72 seconds each to run through, and with 20 levels, that adds up to 24 minutes of gameplay. A bit underwhelming actually. Might have to do more levels in light of this, or perhaps make later levels longer. Some levels will probably be replayed, either because of death or wanting a higher score.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
damn dude it's hard...
got to the boss after several tries .
! more hit to kill him...but i got owned T_T
Anyways nice game looking forward to the finished versin.
P.S give us some lifes as well.
Aye, it is a hard game, but it should be completable. Especially when i give the bosses levels of their own. Every ordinary level is going to end with a special encounter though, meaning a pack of the new/upgraded enemy you'll see in the next level. Not nearly as hard as a boss, but still enough to provide a sense of surprise. HOWEVER, no lives will be provided, but at least you can try as many times as you want. You'd just have a limited number of retries if you had lives. I'd hate that myself.

Also, i'm nearly done with level 2, but the new enemy type is currently giving me hell. But when it's done, you'll get a new demo, which is a little bit easier to complete.
Yeah, about death, how would that work? Would you repeat the game? The level? Would you have a number of lives before you actually suffer consequences?
Wow nice stuff shook...

is this your first game?

its really cool
yeah its a little hard but its alot better then anything i can do xD
hanz0:Very well done. These annoy me much less than the default smilies we've got right now.
Originally Posted by sidieldani View Post
Yeah, about death, how would that work? You start the level over.
Would you have a number of lives before you actually suffer consequences? No, you can try as many times as you want, because you're going to die frequently if you aren't careful. :U

Basically.

@dragoblade: Well, it's the first game i've made from scratch. I've fiddled a bit with a few of the Game Maker tutorials, but they came with pre-made graphics and such. This time around, i'm making it all, except music and sounds. :U

Also, the new demo is ready. Get it here and very soon in the first post.

New features:
- Two more levels (one of them is the boss level)
- Level 1 no longer contains a boss
- Two new enemy types (see help file for info)
- Slightly higher rate of fire on front guns
- Some polishing here and there, and a new shiny button on the main menu
Last edited by Shook; Jun 27, 2010 at 12:03 AM.
I don't like the boss, if you move from left to right and shoot nonstop, the boss will just be in the line of fire but unable to hit you.

I loved the yellow guys though, as well as the turret balls, those were a challange.
There should be a ninja gaiden mode that is stupidly hard and serves no purpose at all except for the bragging rights, but you get unlimited continues.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say