Ranking
Original Post
Aliens
I'm interested to hear what you all think about the possibility of intelligent alien life.

Does it even exist? If it does, where are they? Is Trump an alien?

My thoughts

there is a big possibility of the existence of aliens more advanced than humans but they are certainly not advanced enough to reach us (for us even with our current tech it take years to reach the closest planet to us),
in an infinite amount of galaxies,solar systems and planets there is also an infinite possibility that there is a planet that has the same living conditions as earth with humanoid species.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
I 100% believe in aliens.If one of the ufo sightings is real then aliens supposed to be way more intelligent than humans.
NO TITLE
I remember when Stephen Hawkins spoke about his theories on Alien life and i must say that it's pretty interesting to read about if anyone is interested (just search it on google and you'll find a few). Many scientists and what not have sent out like radio transmitters out into space that have been out there for many years and they've more than likely seen/heard some ordinary things out there which gives them the attention that there must be some kind of civilization out there. he suggested that alien civilizations sufficiently advanced to visit Earth may be hostile. and i think it meeting an advanced civilization could be like Native Americans encountering Columbus. That didn’t turn out so well.

There are many theories and conspiracies out there on the internet which are all very accurate, so if they do however come to earth, i'm pretty sure that we are more than prepared for anything, either for anything that is threatening or not but then again, we don't know if they have more advanced equipment than us.
Originally Posted by Mission View Post
your picture looks like worm alien so aliens must exist

i'll take that as a compliment

Originally Posted by Fear View Post
this guy just finished watching kurtzegat

kurzgesagt* and yes, although i know alot more about it from people like isaac arthur.

Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
there is a big possibility of the existence of aliens more advanced than humans but they are certainly not advanced enough to reach us (for us even with our current tech it take years to reach the closest planet to us),
in an infinite amount of galaxies,solar systems and planets there is also an infinite possibility that there is a planet that has the same living conditions as earth with humanoid species.

interesting idea but in the end what does it matter if they are all way too far away from us to ever reach us? I still hope we'll find aliens relatively close to us one day but in an infinite universe even infinite amounts of aliens could be spaced out infinitely far apart

Originally Posted by Sora View Post
I 100% believe in aliens.If one of the ufo sightings is real then aliens supposed to be way more intelligent than humans.

i believe in aliens but I definitely do not believe they have been here already. I also dont buy the kinda bs stories about the pyramids being built by aliens

Originally Posted by max View Post
I remember when Stephen Hawkins spoke about his theories on Alien life and i must say that it's pretty interesting to read about if anyone is interested (just search it on google and you'll find a few). Many scientists and what not have sent out like radio transmitters out into space that have been out there for many years and they've more than likely seen/heard some ordinary things out there which gives them the attention that there must be some kind of civilization out there. he suggested that alien civilizations sufficiently advanced to visit Earth may be hostile. and i think it meeting an advanced civilization could be like Native Americans encountering Columbus. That didn’t turn out so well.

There are many theories and conspiracies out there on the internet which are all very accurate, so if they do however come to earth, i'm pretty sure that we are more than prepared for anything, either for anything that is threatening or not but then again, we don't know if they have more advanced equipment than us.

I am aware of Stephen Hawkins (r.i.p) concerns regarding aliens being potentially hostile, however I also think that aliens don't really have anything to gain by wiping us out. Think about the reasons why aliens might attack us:

-to get our resources: there is a whole universe of rocks filled with metals, water ice or whatever out there that are not inhabited by naked monkeys so why waste the resources to wipe us out?

-because they hate aliens: if such a thing as a fanatic purifier willing to cleanse the galaxy of all sentient life exists, they would have found more efficient ways to deal with us than to invade and destroy us this late in our development. They would have sent out drones to all corners of the galaxy far before we could have ever achieved any level of technology and could have wiped us out in our infancy

-because they want to subjugate us: this is probably the likliest reason an alien civilization would bother to invade a primitive planet like ours. resources are abundant, but workforce might be something they lack, and if the slave trade has taught us anything it's that it's always easier to have someone you dont have to pay do your work.
Last edited by Chirs; Apr 5, 2019 at 09:42 PM.
i think it's fun to believe but deep down i really don't

99% of videos are shakey, <144p quality, only a few seconds, etc.

also, if the people that say the government is in kahoots or w/e with the aliens
bitch how the fuck

i dont think they know english or sign language or shit

i know there are so many planets, but the fact that we came into existance at all was such immense luck. i cant find the vid but it explained something about a microorganism at the bottom of the ocean taking in oxygen from the surface or something? no clue, cant remember. but that happening and the hundreds of other little things that perfectly aligned for humans to come around... seems kinda rare

There is no way to effectively speculate on this topic, there isn't enough information available at the moment.
-----
I'm going to clear my response up because I feel like it.

Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
there is a big possibility of the existence of aliens more advanced than humans

This argument is flawed in that 1. There's no reason to believe or evidence to suggest there is an infinite amount of matter within the universe. 2. If "infinite" is just an analogy for some big number then the statistical argument is still flawed because we don't know how rare life is. Life could be more rare than there are planets in the universe, we don't know.

Originally Posted by Dare View Post
OK let's be honest, if humans came into life, then there is definitely aliens or another civilization out there.

Humans can not be the only creatures in the whole universe- it's just logical like that.

But the only issue is that we do not have the capacity, intelligence, or resources to attain contact with others. As our Solar system isn't even a tiny dot compared to the milky way or the whole universe as a whole.

Also in my opinion though I would like time travel, and traveling at the speed of light to be true, but I doubt it will ever happen. The resources on earth to do such a thing will definitely not be enough or available, and the ability for Humans to track "wormholes" for time travel (space/hole in time) while that may be possible in the future (maybe), the chance of opening it up to a size large enough to enter will be impossible. And plus if time travel was a thing- then why haven't we seen someone from the future giving us details?

Let's take our own solar system as an example, Venus and Mars are both in the habitable zone, neither has life, neither even has the potential to sustain life. Mars doesn't have a magnetic field to shield it from radiation, it barley has an atmosphere to trap in gasses, it doesn't have tectonic plates or a geologically active core to provide heat, at least it isn't active enough to sustain life. Venus and mars at one point both might have had atmospheres and magnetic fields, but space is hostile and life, as far as we can tell takes a LONG time to develop.

Not only is earth rare in it's geology but our solar system is rare in its planetary composition, we have Jupiter. Jupiter blocks a lot of potential world ending asteroids from hitting earth and resetting life, not every solar system has a Jupiter.

Our sun is also not paired to any other star, making orbits safer and more stable. Most stars orbit another star, they exist in a binary pair, our sun does not.

There's also things like intelligent creation and the rare earth hypothesis which can't be ruled out. We don't know how rare life is, even if a planet is like earth, what are the chances life starts forming after that? What are the chances its star doesn't bath it in radiation or it doesn't get hit by an asteroid?

The rest of what you said is just semiscientific mumbo jumbo, that you don't appear to have to background nor does anyone have the foresight to comment on.

Originally Posted by sundials View Post
i know there are so many planets, but the fact that we came into existance at all was such immense luck. i cant find the vid but it explained something about a microorganism at the bottom of the ocean taking in oxygen from the surface or something? no clue, cant remember. but that happening and the hundreds of other little things that perfectly aligned for humans to come around... seems kinda rare

You are a bunch of subatomic particles that just happen to be subject to forces that allow them to form atoms. These atoms just happen to have formed in such a way that they make up a single celled organism that has a instinctual want and need to intake other atoms and make more of itself. These cells just happen to have evolved in such a way to form a being that is not only aware of its own existence, but is not instinctually aware of what it's made of or how it works.
Last edited by Divine; Apr 8, 2019 at 02:46 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة