Ranking
back in 2008 it was pretty competitive too, although all these awesome mods weren't out back then either.
Slowly the game will change over to fun again, but because all these new kinds that are here never heard about forums, they'll never enjoy the fun things in life like daycare.tbm
Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
I totally agree with you , fluz.
people this day took this game too seriously , they only run for tc , not for the friend and stuff
-----

the graph

1. How do you know any of this, you've been around since 2012
2. hampa said himself that he wants to make toribash more competive

People are going to bitch in every game, so you can either adapt or just not play them. You're never going to achieve a utopia.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
What ends up happening is you have a clash of multiple different communities.

You have people who have fun via winning, and do what it takes to win at all costs. Their okay with pretty much everything.

You have people who care more about winning than "style" or "fun", but have these set of standards or rules that they feel they'll self enforce within their group. An example would be a group of people who for instance are playing a no-grab mod, but feel they trust one another not to run away.

You have another group of people who simply have fun just doing their thing, playing whatever, doing whatever, winning is almost of irrelevance.

There's nothing inherently wrong with any one of these groups. They all are important, they all matter, and things should be done to cater to them.

The problem is, these people meet up of different groups all the time, and one guy typically inhibits another person from enjoying the game the way they'd like to play it. Coupled with the fact some rooms have a 30 minute wait time once you've lost, it becomes quite frustrating. If you like just screwing around, but then you get shoveled so you can't wiggle around and have fun, but now you wait 15 minutes doing absolutely nothing- you get mad. If you want to have a high intense match, but as soon as your opponent has a 2k advantage and runs, that'll make you upset.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
no i think we should all be limited to clapping as opener, and then both players have to touch the ground at all times and you can only win by dq
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.

oh look at me, i'm all self-important and believe that the only way someone can really win is to vary it out.
remember that the aim of the game is to win, and the smart ones will use moves such as those listed. they will continue to do so as long as they keep winning. eventually, some may grow tired of how they play and start to experiment with different moves, or not try at all (which apparently makes you look better).
Pretty much what hax said.
It's ok to play fair, with a ruleset, as long as both players are agreed to do it. What isn't ok is to force it on others.
It's not about setting limits, or playing with the exact same chances. It's about enhancing the game for both players. It's significally harder to throw an opponent if you're grabbing anything that isn't hands.
Running in wushu is a pretty safe victory, but it doesn't make much of a game.
If you get your enjoyment from getting tc, you're obviously gonna play for your own enjoyment, and try to win as many games as possible.

I don't get why the groups have to hate each other, just pick an opponent who agrees to your own style.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Possibly the most hypocritical thread.
I'm assuming nobody here has duelled with Fluz.

As for the statement, yes I agree you should play as you like, and if your opponent can't beat it they should try to actually get better at the game.
When you lose you always look for something to blame other than yourself, unfortunately in Toribash, you're not on a team, so the blame directs to something else, like
-ghost lied
-'random' dm
-opponent is playing cheap

That's why it irks me when people think they're being morally superior or some kind of shaolin toribash monk master guru when they abstain from using effective moves.
That said, you shouldn't force yourself to use them. Personally I don't use kicks because it makes the game too boring, but I will lift and knee because those can be interesting moves, whilst still being very effective.
I couldn't agree more fear, although I try to refrain from "lifting" or "kicking", it is simply because it is easier to deal with the other player also refraining from these moves.
iz funny because fluz lifts every single game, lel
I sell TC and I give loans. PM me for info.
Need help with market? PM Ryan
<augans> youre my thiggist
<Muze> Id like to say, I don't apologize, I'm a tough guy in irl and I will be a tough guy in a video game. Ok that's it.

I think he's tired of people calling him out for it, so he might be trying to gain equality throughout all moves. MOVISTS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!