Ranking
Original Post
Smoking Advice
Yeah, I'm looking to give up smoking, is there any advice you can offer to make things easier? I've been smoking for around 6 years, I smoke around 20 a day. Thanks guys.
Originally Posted by maldiluna View Post
Try reading Carr Allen's book, it apparently works.

I'll read it yeah, thanks.

Originally Posted by RicH View Post
Uhh... Nicotine patches?

My Dad tried that, he said you build up a dependancy to them and its difficult to get off them.
Cut down would be your first step before quitting, 20 cigs a day? fuck.
[21:47]<B0sS>Alphonse: FUCK YOU AND YOUR SIG
[21:48]=-=Alphonse was booted from #clandoxa by YOU (B0sS)
Yeah, I'm cutting down at the moment, I think it will help. I've also taken up freerunning again so it gives me a reason to try be healthier.
Slowly cutting down should help, yes. (20 a day, damn.)

Also, nicotine patches can be disgusting. I've heard if you smoke a cig on them, you throw up =/ And there's also the whole thing where you can addicted off them, too.

And you should definitely go easy with the athletic stuff, at first, and build up- the less you smoke, the more you should do to replace it. It would be a joy to be freerunning over rooftops and suddenly have a coughing spasm and fall off =P
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Originally Posted by DavidFee View Post
Yeah, I'm cutting down at the moment, I think it will help. I've also taken up freerunning again so it gives me a reason to try be healthier.

Freerunning? Not bad david, have you ever thought of joining the army? You pretty much have a high chance of quitting and I reckon you'ld do pretty good in there.
[21:47]<B0sS>Alphonse: FUCK YOU AND YOUR SIG
[21:48]=-=Alphonse was booted from #clandoxa by YOU (B0sS)
Yeah that wouldn't be great, thanks for the advice.

The army isn't for me..
Originally Posted by B0sS View Post
Freerunning? Not bad david, have you ever thought of joining the army? You pretty much have a high chance of quitting and I reckon you'ld do pretty good in there.

What are you a recruiter? lol
But ya, There is also apparently a fake cigarette out that lights up and all but it only gives you the nicotine fix. My mom has one.