Ranking
Original Post
Texture making - Broken on edges?
Hi, not actually sure this is the right place to post this.

I've no idea if this is how it is supposed to be or if I'm experiencing some kind of bug. I've tested some biceps and triceps textures and it seems that they are broken on the edges. In the example I report how a straight line appears ingame.

example

It seems that a piece of texture is being cut off. In Toribash Textures it appears perfectly fine.

I've tried both uploading the texture via item and via custom folder, no difference. I've tested this on biceps and triceps. Is there a way to fix this or to make it less obvious? It's really messing me up.
That is just a problem with TB Textures, as I’m aware it also happens with some heads. Not a bug with Toribash itself. The issue seems to be with your mapping. You’d be better off asking for help in the art boards.
Last edited by Hikou; Jul 31, 2018 at 04:01 PM.
#sick
[a]dventure | [Panda] ¿¿¿
Originally Posted by Hikou View Post
This is just a problem with TB Textures, as I’m aware it also happens with some heads. Not a bug with Toribash itself. The issue seems to be with your mapping. You’d be better off asking for help in the art boards.

In the mapping template those two faces of the bicep have an edge in common and I traced a straight line through it. It makes much more sense what TB Textures shows (a clean aligned line) instead of ingame TB (broken line). Mapping is much more difficult if templates don't match.

Also I don't really remember this happening in the past, but maybe I'm wrong.

As I said at the beginning I don't really know where this thread belongs.
-----

This is the line i made, can someone try to use ingame as right biceps and tell me if it's broken? What stuns me is that on TB Textures it's perfect, works like a charm.

Ingame i found out that the hand template is messed up too for me. Idk what to do really.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Jul 31, 2018 at 07:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
So, I've done some research and asked around. It doesn't seem to be a problem on my end. Surge helped me by contacting -sir and from what I understood there is a bug with Toribash UV. Can this be confirmed?

Since that seems to be the case, how complex is the problem? Can we expect a fix in the near future?
If sirs confirmed it then I suppose it's fact. You'll more than likely have to adjust your mapping to fit for the weird toribash UV.

I'd contact sir myself and ask him. He's very helpful and knows his way with this stuff
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord