ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Buy-able Official Servers
Ive seen multiple people wanting player owned servers, but with this there would be the lack of gain of QI. So i came up with this idea.

Possibly having "Official" servers to be brought by official clans for 50k-100k TC, they would be able to use them how they wanted to, having the price around the 100k mark makes some TC get out of the economy.

Clans would be able to buy these and have them as their own "Official" Server, making it so people still gain QI. There would be a parameter for when a member of the clan which own's the server gets automattically op'd. Then from there they would be able to change the description,motd,etc.
This would cause lots of TC farming. Not supported.
previously known as Lopsin
Originally Posted by Lopsin View Post
This would cause lots of TC farming. Not supported.

TC farming already happens, more lobbies doesn't necessarily mean that people will farm tc. In all honestly the idea is not that bad, but there would have to be a limit to how many servers there can be at one time. We can't place servers everywhere.
A hasbeen like the rest
The only issue I can see is you opening an official server and nobody joining. How great would it be if you can then create your own tournament? Since you own that server. As long as the prize is between 500-1000 unless you are allowed to raise it.
That is a bit of a stretch. People can host their own tourney's with their own prizes if they want, but letting people buy tournament servers is to much. There is not real need for it anyway since there are already tourney servers available for pub use.
A hasbeen like the rest
But this means we can actually have tourneys with fun mods (without gmtourney).
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post
TC farming already happens, more lobbies doesn't necessarily mean that people will farm tc. In all honestly the idea is not that bad, but there would have to be a limit to how many servers there can be at one time. We can't place servers everywhere.

If people have op on an official server, they could ban everybody else so it's just you and your buddy farming tc.
previously known as Lopsin
This could be reportable, but, I think it'd be a nice add-on for an official clan to pay extra for a server that permanently stays up with the clans name as the room name, and people of a certain rank or above get op when joining the server. This could also be ranked as another kind of server, such as a clan server.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by Skylarrr View Post
This could be reportable, but, I think it'd be a nice add-on for an official clan to pay extra for a server that permanently stays up with the clans name as the room name, and people of a certain rank or above get op when joining the server. This could also be ranked as another kind of server, such as a clan server.

I agree 100% ofc clan servers would be a better alternative due to the fact a limit is plausable. Maybe a whole new clan server list could work if it doesn't stretch too far.(lots of clans for the current list)
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.